8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit tired of my HFP drop. I initially bought the kit because I planned on taking the car auto-x'ing, but I don't think that will ever materialize. Because of this, I'd rather just make the car look nicer and get rid of the faily sizeable wheel gap that I have now.

I'm just going to put the springs on the stock shocks. I don't really ride my car hard (handling wise), nor do I really drive over bad roads, so I think they will be fine for quite a while.

My question is for you guys that have either of these springs - were any of you able to get the car aligned to satisfactory specifications without a camber kit? I don't need to dial in any specific camber because I'm not looking for the ultimate/ideal handling, but I don't want my tires getting eaten up constantly. Normally I'd just assume I needed a camber kit, but Undispu7ed on here is running Sportlines w/out a camber kit and his specs are fine. I just want to know if he is an anomaly or if this really is the case.

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
camber is not going to eat up your tires the way toe will.
if you get your toe done you should be fine for a long while. i don't know what my rear alignment would have looked like without camber arms because i installed them while putting my springs on. my front camber was within specs but toe was off by a bit with the progress springs.
and i did my own alignment when i was going to school.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Without the camber kit my rear wheels looked like this / \. It's fairly noticaeable and did eat up some tire with agressive driving. Looked mostly to be from camber because of the wear towards the inner tire. I did not really care at the time because they were stockies but i would want to fix that with high end tires.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Without the camber kit my rear wheels looked like this / \. It's fairly noticaeable and did eat up some tire with agressive driving. Looked mostly to be from camber because of the wear towards the inner tire. I did not really care at the time because they were stockies but i would want to fix that with high end tires.
didm you have your alignment done without a camber kit or did you install the springs and leave it the way it was?

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I got a boot leg alignment from a friend. It was only a temporary thing. But physics would tell me that toe would create a different wear pattern then camber.

This looked like wear from riding with weight proportioned toward the inner tire. But, I'm no expert by any means. I see where you will be going with this. Camber will cause some unusual wear patterns though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
With progress springs i needed a camber it. My rear tires were toast after 4 months. This was with the shop trying to get the camber closest to stock as possible.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
i roll on progress springs and tokicos struts take it from me get some spc or skunk camber arms after the springs settle your rear tires tuck inward all cleaned up after the camber kit the fronts i have the spc kit as well but you wont notice it like the rears

·
Registered
7 Posts
i roll on progress springs and tokicos struts take it from me get some spc or skunk camber arms after the springs settle your rear tires tuck inward all cleaned up after the camber kit the fronts i have the spc kit as well but you wont notice it like the rears
How long u wait for settle before u put camber arms on?( I have pro springs on now. For last year or so.) Just ordered sport line with skunk2 camber arms. Didn't get front bolts but am thinking i should. And how long u wait to get alignment?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts