8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of upgrading the civic down the road, making it faster:vtec: Thing is, I've always hated after market parts, since they void warranty and risk damage to the car. Enter type RR, a 240 hp, 5.9 0-60 civic.

Now I'm wondering, does the type RR have the same k engine as our Si? Because if so, couldn't I just purchase the mods japan slapped on it and make the same power? Maybe even under warranty? Just throwing it out there, if someone can answer me. Thx

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Solo2FG2 said:
Yes the RR shares the same motor as out SI's. They just have a different header ecu etc.
I think you're wrong. There are other things that are different.

If you're worried about voiding warranties and stuff breaking, maybe you should go with dodge or not even mod. Dodge will back alot of their upgrades from mopar. Face it, when modding, things break. If you're doing i/rh/e and a reflash, I wouldn't worry too much. Remember to use the magnusson moss act if dealers give you problems with upgrades.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Matt ~ said:
I am thinking of upgrading the civic down the road, making it faster:vtec: Thing is, I've always hated after market parts, since they void warranty and risk damage to the car. Enter type RR, a 240 hp, 5.9 0-60 civic.

Now I'm wondering, does the type RR have the same k engine as our Si? Because if so, couldn't I just purchase the mods japan slapped on it and make the same power? Maybe even under warranty? Just throwing it out there, if someone can answer me. Thx
you must hav ALOT of money for wanting to do this. expect parts to cost our first born and shipping to cost an arm and a leg.

but thats besides the point, that it is internal work to the motor along wiht many other things that make up the mugen RR. adding MUGEN parts will void your warrenty. hell, even if you add a HFP suspension and install it yourself, your not covered under warrenty....except for the parts for 1 year.
unless you plan on buying a MUGEN RR and importing it here, your living in a dream world.....sorry.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I think it's ridiculous how mugen parts void the warrenty. I know mugen is the jdm and we are usdm but now they have the mugen si here...also the RR probably has a different tune, throttle body, intake manifold, exhasut, and maby cams i would think

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
yeah and almost a 13:1 compression ratio. meaning different engine internals i.e cams, pistons, maybe a different crank. it redlines at 9k

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pdivizzle0112 said:
yeah and almost a 13:1 compression ratio. meaning different engine internals i.e cams, pistons, maybe a different crank. it redlines at 9k
Damn, that sounds real fun...like the old S2K when it redlined at 9K

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
adding MUGEN parts will void your warranty. hell, even if you add a HFP suspension and install it yourself, your not covered under warrenty....except for the parts for 1 year.
You are incorrect. Adding the HFP parts would have the same effect as adding any other part(s)

Asif22 said:
I think it's ridiculous how MUGEN parts void the warranty.
Matt ~ said:
Thing is, I've always hated after market parts, since they void warranty and risk damage to the car.
Um no they don't. http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=60128

The dealer/manufacturer must prove the part or parts caused or contributed to the cause for which the warranty claim is sought. The presence of aftermarket parts alone is not grounds to deny a warranty claim. Under federal law it is illegal to void a new car warranty unless negligence, abuse, or automotive competition is proved.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
are you talking about the type rr or the mugen rr cause there two different cars the type rr is really not meant for daily driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts