8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with window tint might be able to answear this question?
Does the 06 civic leave any scratches to the window tint?
I know alot of hondas 04 cars were, due to no felt being used in the door.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cornflake said:
I've had my car for 2 weeks, windows tinted right before I picked it up, and there are no scratches on the film.
sweet, keep me updated!!
my 04 accord has so many lines going up and down both windows its retarded.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Are you talkin about from it rubbing on the door window sill when you roll the window up and down? If you are I haven't noticed any scratches after my window has been up and down a couple hundred times. Just noticed a few very tiny micro air bubbles in drivers side winow though. Grrrrr...going to have to take it back for retint.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
~racnjsn04~ said:
Are you talkin about from it rubbing on the door window sill when you roll the window up and down? If you are I haven't noticed any scratches after my window has been up and down a couple hundred times. Just noticed a few very tiny micro air bubbles in drivers side winow though. Grrrrr...going to have to take it back for retint.
yup thats what im talking about...
it did take my window awhile to start showing this defect.
but now its so bad u can see it from the outside of the car...

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Update: - took my car back to tint shop to get the tiny air bubbles out. They had to retint the whole window. No charge ofcourse becuse it was there bad. But it looks better now. I know what you mean about the line up and down the window, but it will take a few years or more for those lines to start showing. Then it will be time to retint. :thumb:

·
Registered
171 Posts
My tent guy told me Honda windows can be loose and rub on the rail guides in the door, thats what makes the lines, not the felt edge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts