8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'll be getting a 2008 Si sedan in a couple months, but I have a question. Do the Si sedan's rear windows roll all the way down? I never did check this when I test drove an 07 this past spring, but I've been wondering...

Maybe it seems like a silly question, but imagine this situation that happened to a friend of mine in college. It was a night out on the town and he was the sober DD. A dude in the back drank too much and rolled down the window to vomit instead of asking for Mr. DD to pull over.. when the window would only roll halfway down dudeman couldn't hold back and vomited half inside the door and half sprayed on the outside. Ewww...
Reminds me of a time I saw a girl sitting in the back seat but leaning forward with her head barely out the passenger side of a white Skyline in Raleigh last year. Vomit was all down the side. HAH! That poor Skyline...

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm pretty certain they only go around 80% of the way down. IOW, don't haul drunks who can't hold their liquor in your "vomit comet." I'm sure the acid in puke would strip the cheap Honda paint off in nothing flat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"vomit comet." hahaha
So when I'm the DD I shouldn't push the envelope on the twisties? :biggrin:

Well, 80% or a few inches isn't bad. I don't really see this happening, but it really is nice, as a passenger, when 4-door cars have back windows that roll down all the way.
As for not letting the people in the car that can't hold their liquor... I'll try. The college experience taught me the signs of a toasted passenger. :face-puke haha

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you want I can take a pic of it. You could easily chunder out of the window though although I would rather boot someone out of my car rather then risking them getting it on my paint!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A picture would be cool I guess, but your word is good enough. Thanks for the responses.
I've always wondered why auto manufacturers don't just have a switch inside the door, like the child safety locks, so they can go all the way down if you want the m to. I guess sometimes maybe there isn't enough room in the door panel. Aside from wasted passengers, it's just plain nice to be able to put an arm out the window on a nice evening cruise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts