8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you guys turn off your car do you just shut it down, with the radio still on and volume audible? turn the volume al the way down, but still on? or turn the whole radio off? what is best for the amp? mine is through the nav if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
well i normally turn it off cuz i always listen to my ipod, when i get out the car i take my ipod so if the loose end of the cable touches anything you get feedback through the speakers so i normally shut the radio off and then remove my ipod

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
^ damn you, i want that. na man i dont know i wish i could give you a logical answer. i normally just shut everything down cuz i heard on start up its less strain on your starter and alternator, dont hold me too it though

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
hondasi006 said:
^ damn you, i want that. na man i dont know i wish i could give you a logical answer. i normally just shut everything down cuz i heard on start up its less strain on your starter and alternator, dont hold me too it though
Everything electrical that is un necessary is turned off when your starting the car. You don't need to turn off your AC/radio/heat or whatever when your starting your car, the car does it for you. Only thing that does not turn off is the headlights, I have not had a car that turns the headlights off when starting though. If they're on and you feel your battery is weak then turn them off, otherwise your doing no harm.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, just curious cause in my old car with head unit, amp and sub they said to turn off the radio when turning off the car. thought it might be the same in the si since it also has a sub

·
Registered
179 Posts
hondasi006 said:
well i normally turn it off cuz i always listen to my ipod, when i get out the car i take my ipod so if the loose end of the cable touches anything you get feedback through the speakers so i normally shut the radio off and then remove my ipod
I do the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts