8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 civic si and have had a very hard time getting the cotter pins off. Is there some sort of trick to it? Do I bend the bent areas or push the area that looks like a bulb? Will I ever need those again or can I just break em off? It's the only thing stopping me from completing this. My cotter pin looks like this below. However chrisfrofro's 07 si's pins look totally different

Also thanks to CorSport for sending me a T-Shirt for my Birthday. Very nice of you all.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
just remember. when the legs close, pull it out :eek:mg:

·
Premium Member
12,702 Posts
Yeah, just straighten the clip and pull -- but honestly if you are having trouble at that point in the install you might want to have a shop do the install. We charge $25 to do them, $50 if they have a stock intake.

Tai

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chrisfrofro is coming over this weekend to help me install it. I have never seen cotter pins prior to this install and had no idea how to remove it.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 question for you Tai. Will I need the old cotter pins anymore? The ones with the package look much more sturdy.

·
Banned
8,394 Posts
tell us how shifting feels after you get this installed. I was planning on buying the kit just not sure if it makes THAT much of a difference yet.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Best mod I've done yet. Shifting is fast and crisp like it should have been from the factory. In my opinion it took about 90 percent of the slop out of my shifter. Get the skunk 2 knob also.......very heavy, also just break off the old cotter pins by twisting back and forth and use the new ones that come with the kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts