8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Civic LX M.T. sedan with 328,000 miles on it. My "spirited" in-town and curvy back road driving has noticeably taken its toll on my tranny and I fear that it will soon give out. I have a spare tranny ready to go in but I have a question regarding the sub frame. About 100,000 miles ago I replaced the clutch via pulling the entire engine/tranny out of the car (I figured I'd give the engine a good look over and cleaning while I waited for the parts to come in). I don't want to spend a couple weeks + replacing the tranny this time and would actually like to get it done in a single evening since I already have the parts, so I plan to drop the sub frame and just drop the tranny out the bottom leaving the engine and most of the engine bay intact (the proper method for pulling a FWD tranny).

My question is this: Do I need to make any kind of alignment marks for reinstalling the sub frame before dropping it, or do I just drop it then bolt it back on and get a front wheel alignment?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts