8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2006 LX coupe with the real lip spoiler but I want to put on an SI spoiler. I was thinking about putting the spoiler on top of the lip but I dont want to get the spoiler without knowing how its gonna look. If anybody has done this or has pictures could you please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the 2006 LX coupe with the real lip spoiler but I want to put on an SI spoiler. I was thinking about putting the spoiler on top of the lip but I dont want to get the spoiler without knowing how its gonna look. If anybody has done this or has pictures could you please let me know. Thanks.
I've only heard of people swapping trunks to get the rear wing on there, so I'm not sure if anyone has actually done what you're describing because they're very difficult to remove because of the holes that are left on the trunk.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
here's some advise...

before you spend any money on body kits, lower your ride and spend
some cash on wheels. then do body related stying. (of course if you
already got that, then carry on).

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
just get the whole trunk swap.

·
Registered
47 Posts
here's some advise...

before you spend any money on body kits, lower your ride and spend
some cash on wheels. then do body related stying. (of course if you
already got that, then carry on).
Good advice. If you plan on lowering it, there's really no need to go any bigger than a 17" IMO. I'm gonna put 16's on mine with Kumho low profiles and drop it 1.5-2 inch. Seen it done on other LX's and it looks tight. PLUS if you go with something like 18's and lower it, you'll have an extremely thin tire that will look good, but the feel of the ride and your alignment will suffer. As far as body kits go, most aftermarket kits I've seen look kind of tacky. I do like the HFP body kit but if you're gonna lower the ride you really don't need anything too crazy.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts

:iorun:

When installing the eBay spoiler, you will have to drill new holes to accommodate it. Also, you'd have to deal with the 3rd brake light on the spoiler if you want to wire it up to work. Plus, if you wanted to remove the previous lip spoiler, there will be holes that will be left open. I'd advise to go do a trunk swap if you're interested or just go carbon fiber trunk with spoiler. I never done the whole SI spoiler thing myself so I would not know first hand.

·
Registered
110 Posts
For God's sake don't just put the Si spoiler over the lip spoiler, do the trunk swap or whatever you have to do. Two spoilers look unbelievably tacky and rice. I also agree with the 16" or 17" wheels, 18" wheels don't really matter that much. I have Motegi 16" wheels and they look great.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I wouldn't put the spoiler over the lip. I would rather keep the lip alone than to put the SI spoiler on top of it.

Oh, and HAPPY New Year!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just wanted you guys to know I went for it and here are the results. I would also like to thank Twix562 for the pictures because those were what convinced me to do it. Here are some pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts