8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a question about my injen cai, i had it on for awhile but recently switched back to stock because the fender well on the driver side got ripped off while i was driving. I didn't want to risk hydrolocking so i put the stock intake back on. Is it possible for the CAI to hydrolock by having water being kicked onto it by the wheel?

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
i got a question about my injen cai, i had it on for awhile but recently switched back to stock because the fender well on the driver side got ripped off while i was driving. I didn't want to risk hydrolocking so i put the stock intake back on. Is it possible for the CAI to hydrolock by having water being kicked onto it by the wheel?
No, you have to submerge your intake in water in order for it to vacuum up water.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Yeah, you basically have to drive the car in a lake to hydrolock it.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
You should invest in the hydroshield. It repels against splashing water but if you submerge your intake it will still hydrolock. The hydroshield is around 25 dollars.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oo ok, thanks guys, i was worried that not having a wheel well would basically give it a shower if it rains

·
Registered
80 Posts
i had a fujite and sold it and am now back at stock and planning to get a injen CAI but i am afraid of water being in louisiana and i know about the whole hydrolock issue and what it needs to do so but my question is this how much prevention does the hydro shield give? and should i do both the hydro and heat shield? was it the injen cai that requires a slight cut in the fender well?

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
i had a fujite and sold it and am now back at stock and planning to get a injen CAI but i am afraid of water being in louisiana and i know about the whole hydrolock issue and what it needs to do so but my question is this how much prevention does the hydro shield give? and should i do both the hydro and heat shield? was it the injen cai that requires a slight cut in the fender well?

Your car is not gonna hydrolock by splashing water, it will only hydrolock if your intake is fully submerged. If you're not gonna drive into puddles then you'll be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts