8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Im sorry Im asking all these questions. Im a newb with these things...

After gettin my Si i plan on getting a job and saving up for some modifications. I always wondered how much things will cost and if i should even bother planning on going through with these "mods"

I was looking at body kits for diff cars and then I thought.... Kits usually cost alot of money. But what about installation... and PAINT!

What ballpark price should i be looking at? That is if i wanted to get a full body kit, get it installed, and then PAINTED exactly the color my car is. I know some of you did these kinds of things and was wondering if you could share your info...

Also... dont you need to lower the car inorder for the body-kit to not look nasty? And if so what are some prices I should know about if i wanted to lower it also?

I would want to get these things done professionally and well... so i dont think Macco prices will do =P

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
eh, you don't have to lower the car, but usually people with body kits do have a lowered car. Kits can cost all different prices, so it's hard to even give you a price. Some kits are made of fiberglass, and some are eurathane. Usually fiberglass kits do not come ready to paint. They require quite a bit of sanding and prep work before they can be painted by a shop. Eurathane kits usually cost more money, but are much more durable, and easier to prep/paint. That's another reason it's even hard to tell you an exact price on painting. A quality paint shop might charge you 4-500 dollars to paint and install the kit. Again- all depends.

Lowing a car - springs can cost roughly 200 dollars for a quality name brand set. Shocks will have to be addressed either at the same time, or probably within 20k miles of putting aftermarket springs on. Your ride won't be the best with just springs, and your stock shocks. Upgrading to different shocks can cost all different ranges. A lot of people tend to like koni shocks which arnen't cheap, but have an excellent reputation. You'll probably pay 300 bucks for koni shocks, but there are other brands out there. You can also buy full coilovers (springs and shocks together), and expect to pay 600-1000 dollars roughly. Installation might run you 200 bucks from a local garage.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
what is the point of body kits? wouldnt they just add weight and resist air, thus slowing u down? wouldnt this be classified as "rice" as you guys say..

·
Registered
471 Posts
I also have a question about body kits. A lot of people say go to college hills honda online and but the HFP kit there and I looked at it and yes the prices are nicer than my local dealer by $40 for each piece but I did not see where you could buy it all together. I looked on ebay and another dealer is selling it for $929 plus $90 shipping so I'm wondering if this dealer on ebay is going to be good or not. Here's the link.eBay Motors: 06 07 08 HONDA HFP CIVIC + Si UNDER BODY SPOILER KIT (item 110213171420 end time Jan-20-08 09:19:58 PST)
I'm wondering if I should go with the ebay or if anyone has and is it okay or should I just get it from my dealer cuz I'm sure shipping would make the price higher than college hills honda.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
call collegehillshonda and talk to paul pacek. He is the contact for 8thcivic, and can help you order it all over the phone. Otherwise you just add whatever pieces you're looking for into the store cart. That price they show is the shipped price.

1-888-244-6632

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i went the all honda route at collegehillshonda.com they have great service there. if anything is wrong, they will pay to pick it up and they will ship you out a replacement. they have a HFP package deal on there that i went with. it is the honda body kit (prepainted btw), the lowering suspension, and the wheels. my best and most favorite mod by far! the look of the car has changed dramatically from it. and collegehillshonda.com blew my dealership prices outta the water, they were oh so cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts