8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to keep the Aux In feature after changing car stereos? Cuase i read some where if you change stereos you loose the steering wheel audio controls + aux in. True?

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
It is possible to keep those controls, not sure how but I know you can keep the steering wheel controls for sure with aftermarket stereo. The new head unit would just have to have a place to plug those contols into it or somthing like that.
Anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cuase if you cant keep the aux in and the steering controls i wouldnt want to get an aftermarket stereo :help:

·
Registered
242 Posts
WEBBY!!!

I was wondering if you could use the stock MP3 head unit that comes with the Si and if there is a way to NOT change the "deck", but still install subs and an amp into it. Like is there a RCA jack input in the back, and a remote wire. That's all I need and then I can put my old stereo back in. ANYONE that can answer this would recieve one free box of hero cookies from me.....lol! Thanks all!!
Benska

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
well the si has a stock amp/sub with the radio. So I'm guessing it has to have an RCA out on the back of the stock radio. I think I'm confused as to what you have in your radio right now though. You don't have the stock radio in?

That's all I need and then I can put my old stereo back in.
if your stock radio is out - can't you see if there is a rca out?

·
Registered
201 Posts
stcok radio with amp,sub.

I think he is is asking to hook up an amp and sub the the stock setup. The answer is Yes. Any shop can set that up for you or sell you the elec comp to get that done for you. I plan on doing that exactly. I am just waiting on a subbox worth it. I did that with my dodge factory radio and you still keep the controls (ie-fade,bass,treb,l,r,etc.), but you can control the output by the amp. I would find a spot to have ready access so you can tune easily. Most audio shops tune based on the cd that is in your car at the time (rock,rap,country,etc.).

·
Registered
151 Posts
benska,

I have a box at home that will tap into the two rear speakers and offers a pair of rca out. how good these work.. no idea :| but if you want to give that a try I can give you it. as for aux out i do not believe they have such a thing on this stock deck i think that little sub is run off a cross over setup. but i guess the only way to know is if someone pops it out. unless that sub has an amp. it snot using rca :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks everyone....I'm going to very carefully take the front deck HVAC plate off this weekend and let you all know what I find. Seriously though....what a pain in the ass.....the biggest rage in tuner history, KNOWING that people specifically buy the civic to mod it.....and Honda makes a stereo swap rocket science. GRRRR!!!! Anyways have a good weekend all and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers,
Benska

1 - 9 of 9 Posts