Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my front struts as my passenger side is blown, trying to find the whole assembly to avoid the trouble, I keep hearing to avoid Monroe like COVID-19. Is this true, they seem to be one of the only assembled strut assemblies I can find. Also they usually quote the fitment to be all trim levels. I was under the impression that the Si had stiffer suspension than the regular trims? Also this is my first post here, bought a used 2007 Civic Si Sedan with 77k original miles back in July of 2020 to keep miles off my 2019 Ridgeline Black Edition. Any RidgelineOwnersClub members in here?!:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes, the Si is "stiffer" than the other trims. Are you looking for complete assemblies because you are afraid of tearing down and build back up a set yourself? Having done this myself, it really isn't bad. Rented a spring tool from autozone in the afternoon and "pass-through" style socket set. By the end of the day I returned the spring tool because I was done. Mark which end of the strut mount faces out if yours doesn't already. That part is directional.

I'm on Koni Orange.SRT struts and Tein springs. Those are technically coupe struts but all you have to do to make 8th gen coupe struts work is to use the coupe style rubber spring isolator instead. The Orange is a complete strut and requires no modification unlike the yellow. You can also use the stock springs with it to stay at stock height.

On the Monroe, I've used it on an older Civic my brother and built back up and those were weirdly soft and floaty in how the car drove after. Those work but you definately get what you pay for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Si is "stiffer" than the other trims. Are you looking for complete assemblies because you are afraid of tearing down and build back up a set yourself? Having done this myself, it really isn't bad. Rented a spring tool from autozone in the afternoon and "pass-through" style socket set. By the end of the day I returned the spring tool because I was done. Mark which end of the strut mount faces out if yours doesn't already. That part is directional.

I'm on Koni Orange.SRT struts and Tein springs. Those are technically coupe struts but all you have to do to make 8th gen coupe struts work is to use the coupe style rubber spring isolator instead. The Orange is a complete strut and requires no modification unlike the yellow. You can also use the stock springs with it to stay at stock height.

On the Monroe, I've used it on an older Civic my brother and built back up and those were weirdly soft and floaty in how the car drove after. Those work but you definately get what you pay for.
Yeah not a huge monroe fan myself, I ended up doing basically what you have by running Koni orange however, I used my OE springs off my old assemblies. I was trying to save myself the trouble of the teardown not that I fear death but time is money ya know! Didn't take me that long anyhow. It looks like Koni doesn't make orange shocks for the rear. May have to go with the yellows on the back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah not a huge monroe fan myself, I ended up doing basically what you have by running Koni orange however, I used my OE springs off my old assemblies. I was trying to save myself the trouble of the teardown not that I fear death but time is money ya know! Didn't take me that long anyhow. It looks like Koni doesn't make orange shocks for the rear. May have to go with the yellows on the back.
How do you like the koni orange??

·
Registered
1 Posts
To add to this conversation; I'm also in need of replacing my front struts. I bought some Monroe struts from Amazon but realized I was going to need to spend an extra $200 to buy new bump stops, bushings, sleeves, mounts, etc to go with it so was thinking about getting a completed front strut set instead. I also bought Megan springs from Amazon so even if I buy a completed set I was going to replace the actual springs. I do have a question however, are the front struts on an Si coupe the same as on a normal civic coupe? Because I can't seem to find completed Si struts anywhere, just ones listed for non-Si models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts