8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really have enough time each week to give my Civic a good wash, that, and I currently don't have the funds to buy quality car washing supplies. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quality detailing spray that I could use every other day or so to keep the car looking clean.

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I have really liked Mother's quick detailing spray. Easy on, easy off.

I bought Chemical Guy's anti static detailing spray. Leaves a nice finish with no residue and it cuts down on the static after waxing.

Rasky gave me a bottle of Zaino detailing spray. Probably the best I have ever used. Paint is slicker and smoother and the static is cut down dramatically.

Meguiar's makes an ok detailing spray IMO. I am not crazy about it.

I also have Natty's Poorboys detailing spray. Goes on easy, goes off with difficulty. Leaves a nice shine however.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Yeah for a dollar more it supposedly makes things shinier. No big deal for me though, I wash my car once a week.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
pockings said:
I like the Mothers detail spray.
+1 Goes on easy, goes off easy, leaves a nice shine. Looks great right after a wash, or a quick, mid-week detail. I feel it is far superior to Meguair's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought a bottle of the Chemical Guys Anti-Static spray and I think it works good...cut down on the static especially after waxing...a problem it seems with the NBP color and does leave a smooth and shiny finish.
I also use Meguiar's Quick Detailing spray it works great also....I'll probably use the Meguiar's more tho'...easier to buy (Target, Walmart, etc)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
+1 Goes on easy, goes off easy, leaves a nice shine. Looks great right after a wash, or a quick, mid-week detail. I feel it is far superior to Meguair's.
I've used both. Mothers detail spray seems slicker than the Meguair's IMO. Both clean well. I just prefer the slickness of the Mothers :thumb:.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
DUB2CRS said:
^ Hey we have the same last name.

When claying, I've been using soapy water. That's ok too, right?
yep, that works. i just don't like making the solution and the suds.
im also not sure how well wax adheres to the paint with the remaining
soap. you can rinse the car again, but that's just another step and time
wasted. imho. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Meguires ultimate detailer is the best I have ever used. I do a quick detail on my car almost every day(nhbp you understand) and I have used a number of products. Here is what I ve used regular meguires quik detailer, speed detailer and mothers detailer. The ultimate detailer has the best cleaning and overall slick feel. It leaves the paint almost as smooth as if I just put a layer of wax on it. And it's not expensive. I can't speak for the groit's or prima brands, which I suspect are very good products, but if you want a good quick spray i would highly recommend the ultimate detailer. Oh and I work with a guy who used to have a mobile detail company. He said he recommends this stuff, check it out www.freedomwaterlesscarwash.com

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
good quick spray available locally at large chains, right?

Prima and Griot's are excellent products, just not available locally
unless you're near their specialty shops. :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm going to try Meguiar's if it's available at my local Target. If I'm not satisfied, I might buy online.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I used to detail cars.....I always used the products they gave us, but this was always my favorite OVERALL product. It literally keeps your car's paint looking BRAND NEW. Plus, the water will bead up like no other & even on black paint, it will always have a shine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts