8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i use it? i have no idea?

do u just replace the OE one? and than what??

and how is that works?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You replace the old ones with these. Then it allows you to bleed the brakes alot easier.
replace the oem one? and what should i do next to make bleed faster?? i really have no idea how that works, it looks the same as stock

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pretty easy, I just installed mine.

-Remove existing bleed screw.
-Install SpeedBleeder screw. Tighten till snug, but do not crank down on them (they are not case hardened and may break).
-Attach hose/bleeder bag
-Loosen bleed screw by 1/2 turn
-Depress bake pedal (pedal should drop to floor and fluid should come out the hose . . . if not, you need to loosen the screw more). Release brake pedal.
-Repeat previous until the fluid is clear and free of bubbles or, for a flush, till you are into the new brake fluid.
-Retighten screw and replace dust cap.
-Repeat for other corners.

Remember to add fluid keep your brake fluid in the reservoir above the MIN line . . . Air in your brake cylinder is bad.

The bleed order (for the Si) is driver front, passenger front, passenger rear, then driver rear.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
All the speedbleeder does is make it so you don't have to have a second person to tighten and untighten the screw as you go.

It doesn't do it for you :D.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the speedbleeder does is make it so you don't have to have a second person to tighten and untighten the screw as you go.

It doesn't do it for you :D.
ok so, instal the speed bleeder and unsscw 1/2 ture and hit the brake padle?

·
Registered
319 Posts
ok so, instal the speed bleeder and unsscw 1/2 ture and hit the brake padle?
Pretty much.

Also, do all of this with the car OFF.

And do a slow speed test drive before you go :vtec: . . . If the car is on and the pedal feels excessively squisy or the brakes make noise, you could have air in the system. While the car is off, pump the brakes twice . . . the pedal should remain rock solid . . . if the pedal sinks you have a leak.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty much.

Also, do all of this with the car OFF.

And do a slow speed test drive before you go :vtec: . . . If the car is on and the pedal feels excessively squisy or the brakes make noise, you could have air in the system. While the car is off, pump the brakes twice . . . the pedal should remain rock solid . . . if the pedal sinks you have a leak.
how much brack fuild do i need for flush the system? im useing ate super blue racing brack fuild, do i just flush tail i seen blue color come out the hos?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
no prob iam going to be putting ate super blue in my car soon too just kinda being lazy about it the cans are just chiiln in my room i bought 2L just to be safe

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no prob iam going to be putting ate super blue in my car soon too just kinda being lazy about it the cans are just chiiln in my room i bought 2L just to be safe
how mcuh did u paid for ur 2L, i paid $30 shipped for my 2L i dont know if i get riped off or not, just checking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts