8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the issue my friend is willing to part with his sparco seats outa his 98 hatch, and he is willing to sell it to me for a very good price, but im not sure if they will fit. i know about the rail issues but welding is not a problem. im worried about the airbag sensors and what no! so if anyone has any experience with racing seats in thier 8th gen help woul be greatly apprieciated.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
You will need a resistor to rid the SRS malfunction light. 350z's use those to bypass the airbag sensors. Which resistor works for the Si is the question now. If you get into an accident your insurance will also look into the fact that the side airbags were removed. That is what I have gathered from the 350z forums since I also have that car. The rails and brackets can be custom made, however they will not be FIA approved.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will need a resistor to rid the SRS malfunction light. 350z's use those to bypass the airbag sensors. Which resistor works for the Si is the question now. If you get into an accident your insurance will also look into the fact that the side airbags were removed. That is what I have gathered from the 350z forums since I also have that car. The rails and brackets can be custom made, however they will not be FIA approved.
ok thanks! anyone else?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts