8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:police:you're using the wrong term... If your car backfires you have a problem. You're talking about the flames shooting out of the exhaust... those are caused by either a flame kit or because they are running their cars rich (too much gas not enough oxygen).:thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
you think it's cool to harm your car? ...
I do if it pisses me off... J/K...

im almost positive that my car has, i was driving one day and my buddy says that he saw a tiny flame shoot out of my exhaust durring a shift. i think he's full of it but i do have race heders and straight through exhaust... also out cars run rich to warm your the car faster(for those of you that have one)

but the only really garanteed way is a flamethrower kit, and i also do think that they are sool on slammed street rods and trucks, just not civics... that a bit too Fast and furious for me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

im almost positive that my car has, i was driving one day and my buddy says that he saw a tiny flame shoot out of my exhaust durring a shift. i think he's full of it but i do have race heders and straight through exhaust... also out cars run rich to warm your the car faster(for those of you that have one)

but the only really garanteed way is a flamethrower kit, and i also do think that they are sool on slammed street rods and trucks, just not civics... that a bit too Fast and furious for me.
yeah that happeen to my car SOMETIME, but how can i make it all the time??

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
edit:Statement retracted. Never mind, I'm takin the high road on this one:lildevil:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
anti- lag system?

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts

I think he's full of it also, I've run setups like that for years...generally the backfire you are talking about comes from turbo cars, and the answer of too much fuel was correct, the fuel being dumped into the engine, gets pushed out the exhaust, and combusts inside the exhaust...this can be a very expensive habit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts