8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Purchase Decision: 2007 civic si sedan

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jeffantman 
#1 ·
Hey guys! So I’ve found this great looking 2007 Civic Si sedan but it has 180k miles on it for $5700 and been in a low impact accident on driver side door. The car fax said it had 6 owners, it’s passed multiple safety tests when being resold, and also kept up with oil changes fairly well (around every 3000 - 4500). I’ve never bought a civic si before and I’ve always loved the 8th gens since I was a kid. I’m also looking to replace my other car that’s crapped out on me. I just want something reliable and easy to maintain and won’t break the bank when I need to get it repaired. I’m already in a hole I don’t need another issue. Just want some of y’all’s opinions. What do y’all think? Should I buy?

#2 ·
What area are you in, rust is a huge factor.
6 owners is scary, especially if its still on the stock clutch. imagine how many different people mightve learned how to drive stick on it.
Does it have peeling clearcoat?
$5700 is high for what it sounds like in my opinion. Should be more like $4k unless its clean af.

#3 ·
What area are you in, rust is a huge factor.
6 owners is scary, especially if its still on the stock clutch. imagine how many different people mightve learned how to drive stick on it.
Does it have peeling clearcoat?
$5700 is high for what it sounds like in my opinion. Should be more like $4k unless its clean af.
I’m in Texas. Paint is really good no fade, and interior is decent no rips in the seat

#4 ·
Check ball joints (too much movement), tie rod ends (slop in the steering), compliance bearings (small tears are fine, large tears mean replacement), bring a long screw driver or thin metal rod to check all the pulleys (put one end of the rod against the bearing bracket and the other end against your ear or your skull near your ear). If you hear a smooth whirring sound its good. A gravely rough sound, its going bad.

Finding issues in any one of these areas is not a deal killer but might give you some leverage in the price negotiation.

Finding an 07 Si with good paint is a big plus. However, make sure you inspect it very well. If you see small fissures or little white spots in the clearcoat you may be facing paint issues in the future. Especially if this car was garaged most of its life, delaying the dreaded Honda clearcoat cancer. Check to see if the car was re-painted by Honda during the recall. IF so thats a big plus as well. If not its more leverage to reduce the price a bit.

The price is really good compared to vehicles in my area. 07 Si s with 80,000 to 150,000 miles range from $9,000 to $13,000. That being said I would not loose this deal if you like the car due to the owner not reducing the price.

Great cars that are sure to be lusted after in the future. These are the last of the Adderall snorting, high toned son-of-a-bitching, VTEC Hondas YO!

#5 ·
mm 2007 has the issue with the 3rd gear poping out of gear. Also, I hear some k engines on those years had a crak issue on the jackets of the pistons. (next to the starter) next to the pcv valve. you can check facebook 8th gen group.
For Accidents, check the vin on each panel .. I will try to post a wiki n how to find the vin on your civic sedan :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.