8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, I know this thread isnt necessary. Im just excited to be receiving my retro very soon. I'm giving Bjorn a call tonight just to make sure he got all the parts I sent him :thumb: Im HOPING to have it this weekend... if not, then next week.

TSX Projectors w/ Clear Lens
S2000 Shrouds
Color-mod: Blue cutoff
Black Painted Housing
All amber pieces left intact
Phillips 4300K HID

:dancing:

Edit:

Success!!

Heres some pics of the light difference:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
i would be excited to....im gonna do mine once some more money comes around and i come across some more tsx projectors and mdx shrouds. Working at a body shop has its perks :)

Neways my buddy Eric aka civicbeater went to their shop about a 2hour drive from us......and said everyone who works there is cool as hell and do great work..........his headlights look amazing :eek:mg:

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We know you'll love it! :D
I sure hope so :popcorn:

I bought a brand new set of headlights too, so I could minimize the amount of times i had to undo my bumper and replace sets of lights. :thumb:

so once i get my retro, ill have a set of headlights FS, perfect for exactly what I did

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If you could have waited a bit, people would loan you some.

<=== him, for example.

But, yeah, mine have been on for more than a year, and I still love them! Kinda regret a few things (not going for S2k projectors and asking for the secondary shroud to be painted silver, and not going for E46 shrouds) but I still love the way they look and how they don't draw any attention at all. For all things considered everyone thinks they're stock until I tell them. Which is exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you could have waited a bit, people would loan you some.

<=== him, for example.

But, yeah, mine have been on for more than a year, and I still love them! Kinda regret a few things (not going for S2k projectors and asking for the secondary shroud to be painted silver, and not going for E46 shrouds) but I still love the way they look and how they don't draw any attention at all. For all things considered everyone thinks they're stock until I tell them. Which is exactly what I was looking for!
Yea, I was in way too much of a rush. I wanted to get it all in motion before i had my surgery last week. no biggie tho... thats the price you pay for wanting it quicker, and im ok w/ that, lol

Yea, a lot of people these days are going with the TFX projector/lens setup... but i chose the TSX projectors w/ clear lens b/c it seems to give the best overall light output. the color of the cutoff was the least of my concerns as im getting these much more for functionality than looks.

it was a tough decision betweent he silver ad the black housing. i hope i end u[ liking my decision, lol

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCKKK !!!???

The person I bought one of the headlights form had it advertised as a coupe headlight. sure enough... when it gets to Bjorn its a sedan headlight. So ******* annoying.

Im just waiting for Bjorn to see if he has an extra coupe headlight that he can possibly trade w/ me.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Sucks to hear 'Lanx. Hopefully you can get this all resolved. I don't have my headlights right now, so I can't help out.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sucks to hear 'Lanx. Hopefully you can get this all resolved. I don't have my headlights right now, so I can't help out.
Yea, its being worked out... just sucks b/c its delaying my process now that I have to scrounge up another new headlight. ill probably end up trying to overnight it tomorrow so he gets it saturday.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please do
I can give you a list of what I have so far and an estimate for the labor...

TSX Projectors w/ Clear lens - $120
KLight 4300K HID Kit - $140
Pair of S2000 Shrouds - $70
*Set of 'Si' Headlights - $270 (though this may change b/c of the problem as mentioned above)
Labor - TBD... but I expect it to be about $330

Total - $930

*Note: you dont have to ge a new set of headlights. if you can wait in line to get a set of their loaner headlights, you can save a TON of money. But Im impatient and wanted to avoid any extra labor due to my shoulder surgery i had last week. I still cant move it 100%... so i bought a new set.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
mine should be done sometime next week...just waiting on the remaining 1 S2000 shrouds.

I suppose i'll share my setup...
- S2000 projectors - Blue cutoff
- S2000 shrouds
- Philips Plus Xenon bulbs
and some special secret customlightz-only mods to give me a beam and color that should knock my socks off! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts