8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible that by rotating my tires it would cause my car to now pull to the right? 06' Si, 12,000 miles, summer tires. I rotated them front to back this weekend and now she pulls to the right, more pronounced under accelleration obviously. I read that the rear's have a negative camber that can cause uneven wear. Should I leave it and see if wear fixes it or rotate them back?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it possible that by rotating my tires it would cause my car to now pull to the right? 06' Si, 12,000 miles, summer tires. I rotated them front to back this weekend and now she pulls to the right, more pronounced under accelleration obviously. I read that the rear's have a negative camber that can cause uneven wear. Should I leave it and see if wear fixes it or rotate them back?
bro!i thought i was the only one who had this problem. my si also pulls to the right, noticeably under accelaration. i had my tires rotated and found that the inner treads were going dead/gone! the guys at the tire shop told me that these car's suspension geometry leans toward the negative side. BTW, i have enkei evo 5's(17's). i really don't know if rotating them will fix your problem. i ended up buying two new front tires. it still pulls but not as much as before. i suggest inspecting the inner treads on your tires. good luck!keep me informed!

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
EVERY car pulls slighty to the right. Its incase YOU fall asleep at the wheel, it will swerve off the road instead of head on trafic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had my Si on the alignment rack today trying to take the pull away... going to have to get some camber bolts from Honda though... tires are leaning slightly out on the left, and slightly in on the right in the front.... rear is a lot worse though... put the toe dead on, but still having a slight pull from the cross camber... was very surprised to see the left rear camber at -2.3... not sure if the wife curb checked something or what, but the camber shouldn't be off like that, period......... Skunk2 rear upper control arms, here I come.

And yes, if you have a bad tire, or even a tire that was mounted the opposite of the tire across from it, it can cause a pulling.

What brand are the tires on your car? I work for Lexus and deal with pulling complaints all day long.... we see the most issues with Goodyear and Dunlop. Have you had your alignment checked? 12 months or 12,000 miles, alignment is covered by Warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
EVERY car pulls slighty to the right. Its incase YOU fall asleep at the wheel, it will swerve off the road instead of head on trafic.
Not true. Every car appears to pull slightly to the right, usually due to road crown (road tapered for water run-off).... so you also have to consider that as an issue... and it's not going to be a serious pull, but it's almost always there.

I promise if you fall asleep driving, it doesn't matter what way your car pulls... you are going it whichever direction your arms go limp and pull you.... I've fallen asleep at the wheel 4 times, and every time I ended up in the center between the highways.... lucky enough to wake up to the sound of grass hitting the bottom of my car every time... but point is your car is not supposed to pull.

The best way to tell if you actually have a pulling problem or not is... if you have to use more than the force of two fingers (index and middle) on the steering wheel to keep your car going straight, you have a pull... if you can keep it going straight with those two fingers on the wheel, you're fine.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Not true. Every car appears to pull slightly to the right, usually due to road crown (road tapered for water run-off).... so you also have to consider that as an issue... and it's not going to be a serious pull, but it's almost always there.

I promise if you fall asleep driving, it doesn't matter what way your car pulls... you are going it whichever direction your arms go limp and pull you.... I've fallen asleep at the wheel 4 times, and every time I ended up in the center between the highways.... lucky enough to wake up to the sound of grass hitting the bottom of my car every time... but point is your car is not supposed to pull.

The best way to tell if you actually have a pulling problem or not is... if you have to use more than the force of two fingers (index and middle) on the steering wheel to keep your car going straight, you have a pull... if you can keep it going straight with those two fingers on the wheel, you're fine.

Next question...

Do you get enough sleep? jeez

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
When you're young and stupid (those two go hand in hand by the way) you don't think about pulling off the road for a nap when your eyes get heavy.
Hahah, i know what you mean. Ive taken 4 trips from florida to KY straight through. I never sleeped once. 15 hours both ways mostly driving through the night. Almost fell asleep once though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts