8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read elsewhere that trying to disable the TPMS system, in which people will have the TPMS light will come on in the dash even though the tires seem ok - that this will make it so VSA is always on and cannot be turned off.

I had this question in regards to other things, specifically taking out the fuse to disable the daytime running lights. I have an '08 Si. Would doing this cause this same issue with VSA or another computer problem somewhere else? What about trying to disable the seat belt beep also.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I've read elsewhere that trying to disable the TPMS system, in which people will have the TPMS light will come on in the dash even though the tires seem ok - that this will make it so VSA is always on and cannot be turned off.

I had this question in regards to other things, specifically taking out the fuse to disable the daytime running lights. I have an '08 Si. Would doing this cause this same issue with VSA or another computer problem somewhere else? What about trying to disable the seat belt beep also.
you can take out the fuse for the DRLs. it doesnt cause any problems. as for the seatbelt, just wear your seatbelt. it will save your life.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
you can take out the fuse for the DRLs. it doesnt cause any problems. as for the seatbelt, just wear your seatbelt. it will save your life.
Speaking of the DRLs, and sorry to be a little off topic. But does the DRL run off the HI-Beam bulb? or a separate bulb?

Back on topic, I'm living proof that a seatbelt is worth wearing at all times.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I made a custom switch (hidden up by the fuse box) and use the same fuse - this way I run with the DRL's switched "OFF" 90% of the time.

But, on some foggy mornings, I run with the fogs "ON" with just the parking lamps "ON" (separate modification) and the DRL's switched "ON".
Depending on the lighting, sometimes I just use low beams too, just depends on how the daylight/weather is.

-W

1 - 5 of 5 Posts