8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to the site, but I like the advice that many people give here....I have a black 2007 si and I have a DCRH and Injen CAI...I'm looking for another inexpensive mod at the moment and I would like to gain some torque out of it...my question is what would you all reccommend?? A pully set from NST or the ignalls stiffy torque dampner, anybody experienced both?? Thx for the help...

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I don't have either, but if it were my money, I'd go with the pulleys first. Welcome to the site. It becomes mighty addicting:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
etd...is impressive...for power go for the pulleys

·
Registered
6,542 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
afaik the belt idler pulley's only purpose is to retain the stock serpentine belt.. unless im wrong. You could just get the UR pulley set or the 2 peice NST and buy a 20" (i think?) gates belt... should do the trick (what i'm planning on doing in the future).

Also, from what i've read the powerstick and the etd both word together now, so if your gonna sacrifice the pulleys and go the extra mile with the belt, you may as well make it worth it and get both no?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
How much faster does the car "feel" after adding the NST pulleys?
they say it revs easier. i wont go with it cuz i am going supercharger after my next deployment.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
for me, didn't notice too much. 1st and 2nd seemed quicker in the lower rpm's, but not too much difference above 6k.

now the ETD, that's an instant difference in ANY GEAR. especially 1st-3rd. It actually did improve my 1/4mile time by almost .3 sec's. temp was about 10 degree's cooler but it's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT. can't wait for my power stick. and no, there's not that much vibration that ppl claim. i only notice the extra vibration when I'm about to go into 1st so btwn about 1500-2k rpms.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
for me, didn't notice too much. 1st and 2nd seemed quicker in the lower rpm's, but not too much difference above 6k.

now the ETD, that's an instant difference in ANY GEAR. especially 1st-3rd. It actually did improve my 1/4mile time by almost .3 sec's. temp was about 10 degree's cooler but it's a HUGE IMPROVEMENT. can't wait for my power stick. and no, there's not that much vibration that ppl claim. i only notice the extra vibration when I'm about to go into 1st so btwn about 1500-2k rpms.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

if i had read this comment awhile ago..

I would have grab those etd on the for sale forum.

I didnt want to get it because alot of members were complaining about the vibration.

Now thinkin about it, Id rather have the vibrations than those annoying ass wheel hops.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
^^^^trust, the vibs aren't even noticeable unless you shift like old ppl f**k.

To the OP, go for the ETD, and if you need to modify your ETD later, then do it. But you'll be more satisfied IMO w/ the ETD than the pulley's.

What are your current mods?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.