8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today while traveling to a meet with some friends, Me and fellow 8th gen member Refuge. got pulled over by a cop on a bike. We were just getting out of the toll both heading towards sac when the cop pulls behind Refuge. and flashes him to get onto the side and points at me to do the same as I was right behind Refuge. He then checked Refuge's exhaust and engine bay but all his parts were CARB legal so he ticketed refuge for illegal plate cover (was tinted a bit). Then he ticketed me for no front plate and tints ): Just had them put on a week ago too! Bummer.. $150 fine or $10 ticket and take tint off hmm.. I know to some its an easy answer but.. bah. Oh well CA laws blow :/

ps: That's gloomy bear.. >:]

Edit: Lets make things even worse in less than 2 days.. Coming out from work today at 2am, I find that my car had been keyed. 1st day at work after an 8hr shift (w/o eating all day even), and I find that my car was keyed by some prick. Thank you for ruining my baby..whoever the *** did it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I live in socal, I was pulled over 4 times within a month. Was let go ALL 4 times LOL. 3 times regarding my left head light was out (HIDs). and once for no license plate. I have Tints as well. The front license plate, the cop just walked up to me and asked me for my license and asked if i was on probation or something, i said no and she said "the reason why I pulled you over is because you dont have a front license plate" I said OH and she gave back my license and said okay good night. LOL weird, but yeah every time i leave my gf's house at night now I get scared. I leave pretty late though so that would probably explain high suspicion. I leave around 4 or 5 in the morning most of the time. And I have blue license plate lights tints, red emblems. Wonder why they never bothered to tell me bout my blue license plate lights LOL, they always pull me over from behind anyways.

·
Registered
22,033 Posts
yeah? what would you do without them?

I've found that most are pretty decent if you don't have an attitude.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i would carry a gun.. but theirs no reason to give tickets for tint or no front plate b/c many states allow tint and dont ticket for no front plate. They are just trying to generate money for the state. ****** bs

·
Registered
351 Posts
i would carry a gun.. but theirs no reason to give tickets for tint or no front plate b/c many states allow tint and dont ticket for no front plate. They are just trying to generate money for the state. ****** bs
Ok, I would definitely agree with you if that were the case, if the OP was from out of state. Fact is, says he lives in Ca. He knows the laws and if you break the law knowingly you know there is a chance of being pulled over and cited. I don't think it's right to pull over an out of state motorist and ticket him/her for something that may not be illegal in their home state. I agree with you on that.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
i think the U.S. as a whole need to come up with a set of laws that cover all the states regarding small things like tint and front plates. It just sucks for me b/c im in jersey so i cant have tint and im supposed to have a front plate but a few miles away in Pennsylvania, no one has a front plate and many people have tint without troubles. Ive already gotten 2 tickets for no front plate...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I'm pretty sure the state of CA really needs money right now....

·
Registered
242 Posts
dude that totally sucks, cops in va are pretty *** as well with ****. my husband had no front tag for the longest time and taillight tints for a couple years and never had an issue until he came down with me to visit my parents over easter last year and the cops have nothing better to do with their time then to be out all the damn time since the crime is so low in that county, tell me how bad it sucks that the cop was on the opposite side of the road busts a u-turn to pull him over and write two tickets for no front tag and tail light tints, so he pulled off his tints and put his front tag on took pics and got everything dropped.

·
Registered
351 Posts
so ur sayin if i go to CA in my car from FL (where we dont need a front LP at all) id get a ticket? :think:
If you let him know in a nice way what the law is in your home state, I doubt it.

Remember, tourism is a big part of California's economy. If the CHP repeatedly harassed out of state motorists for ticky tack violations, that would reflect badly on the state and could hurt the state's economy. Now if you just sped by an interstate sign that was posted 65mph speed limit doing 90, I don't think they'll show you much mercy even if you are from out of state.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
well said sir! Tint laws are total bullsh*t! It really is just a lame ass excuse to raise funds. Yeah, I know, CA is pretty much bankrupt, but still, there's better ways to raise the money than to make up bullsh*t laws like tint and front plates. F*ck the police!

·
Registered
181 Posts
its $25 per violation for fix it tickets now not $10. i got a fix it ticket last month for tint,no front license plate, and loud exhaust. i got letter in the mail yesterday saying i could pay it off for $465 or fix it and pay $25 per violation

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.