8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a little convincing I talked PowerAcoustik into replacing my HU

So in a few weeks i'll have a BNIB PTID5800

my question is what would you guys do? sell it and get something else or keep it?

im kind of tired of it, but overall its done good by me.. I'm not gonna break the bank on fixing something thats not broken.. but i wudnt mind having something new staring back at me while i drive... just wondering if anyone has any input :wavey:

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
its cheap. jsut look at the specs.
2 sub outputs at 2 frequencies...
what volts are teh outputs putting out?
what are the frequencies?
and why 2 sub outputs but no interior amp output?

my avic d3 has 3 outputs
1 for the front speakers
1 for the rear
and 1 for the subs
it specifically tells me how many volts it puts out
and they are adjustable.

that right there woudl be enough for me to pass up on teh one you linked. too vague. you have no idea what your gonna get.

your looking for touchscreen? non-navi? i recommend these
Alpine IXA-W404 (ixaw404) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix
Alpine IVA-W505 (ivaw505) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix
^has crappy pre-amp output voltage though.

Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD (avhp3200dvd) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT (avicx910bt) - Car Stereo In-Dash Receiver at Sonic Electronix - Sonic Electronix
^the second one is a navi, but a cheaper one.

these are all more than the one you linked. but even the cheapest alpine is only $100 more adn wil be farrr better than the one you were planning.

if you wan tot be ballin, ill find you a eclipse head unit. amazing sound quality.

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its cheap. jsut look at the specs.
2 sub outputs at 2 frequencies...
what volts are teh outputs putting out?
what are the frequencies?
and why 2 sub outputs but no interior amp output?
i know :shady:

beats me

and i do have an interior amp output... im running 2 amps, 'member?

my avic d3 has 3 outputs
1 for the front speakers
1 for the rear
and 1 for the subs
it specifically tells me how many volts it puts out
and they are adjustable.

that right there woudl be enough for me to pass up on teh one you linked. too vague. you have no idea what your gonna get.
:think:

these are all more than the one you linked. but even the cheapest alpine is only $100 more adn wil be farrr better than the one you were planning.

if you wan tot be ballin, ill find you a eclipse head unit. amazing sound quality.
i'll get the eclipse, gimme a few minutes, imma go talk to HR, theres a problem with payroll :facepalm:

·
Registered
35,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no, i have separate outputs for it... i guess it does list it, but i have outputs for the amp

payroll told me they dont see a problem, back to the drawing board

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Im will the sell and buy a new one crowd.

Pioneer is awesome (IMO) I have the AVH-P4100dvd and it's an all around awesome unit, I paid $500cdn.

link

The features AND speed are worlds better than my buddies Kenwood and he dropped $1,200 on it.
His takes like 1-2 mins to turn on (long load up) touch response is VERY slow and he has no fast forward bar so if hes on some tune that it 30 mins long he has to sit there holding the button down wheras on the Pioneer you can just tap anywhere on a bar that reltates to how long the song is and bam you've skipped ahead 20 mins in 1 second.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts