8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure exactly what is called but its the insulating material that goes under hoods so that the heat doesn't hit the hood directly. I have a OEM style carbon fiber hood, can I use the original one. Where can I find one?

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to call them? because I looked on their site and I can't find it. They have the trunk insulator, not the hood.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again, where on collegehillshonda.com did you find it? I only ask because I heard from a friend that it could be very bad for the hood since the engine bay gets so hot.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I would doubt it cuz there are ppl on here who have had cf hoods and do not have the insulator. CF is put under so much heat when it is molded so i doubt the heat from the engine is going to affect it, not to mention companies would research this so i doubt u have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just taking every precaution, in order to keep the hood protected. I live in florida so its gonna get baked regardless when I go to the mall or something. The least I could do is protect it from the heat in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
It's more important to keep it out of direct sunlight all together. Thick coats of wax will help a bit, but you really shouldn't let your car sit out in the sun all day long, or you'll end up with a gross yellow hood with huge holes in your clearcoat. Carbon fiber products don't last too long if they're not properly maintained.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts