8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i recently purchased a 4 door civic and am looking at lip kits for it. I am not opposed to body kits but I am opposed to being so low to the ground that it is painful. And from what i can find out there, this pretty much limits me to lip kits (and i have been looking hard for about a week and a half). Anyway i am essentially decided on getting 1 of 2 kits. Hopefully you peeps can help me decide.

1. HFP lip kit.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_hybrid_accessories/06_08_hybrid_exterior.htm -bottom of page
We've all seen it. But the problem with this kit is I live in Calgary and i can not find a reasonable priced one (<$1000) anywhere here (or even in Canada for that matter). Best i can do is get my dealership to sell and install for about 1900

2. VIS (Techno-R) lip kit.
http://autocityimports.com/2006-honda-civic-technor-classretailretail-s85000sdiv-p-7911.html
This i would probably buy from autocityimports as they have a good price on it and shipping up here isn't too expensive. All in all i can get the kit from them for under 900ish. But then i need to face the price of finding a body shop to paint it and install it. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to paint and install a lip kit as opposed to a body kit? Big benefit to this kit = the rear lip is way sexier than the HFP rear lip, hate that thing.

So any and all information you guys can give me would be nice. Is there a reason i hear everyone talking about the HFP kit but NO ONE talking about the techno R kit? Is there a reason that different sites who sell the techno R kit show different front lips, and on VIS' website there is actually no listing of the front lip? Is VIS a reliable company? Anyone know where i can get kits for the 06 sedan in Canada? As i said before, any and all help is much appreciated.

I will post pics of my ride once everything is on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats about 1900 CDN
My dealership gave me a 15% of accessories coupon when i bought my car, so that brings it down from 2100 to about 1800 - 1900ish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts