8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i recently purchased a 4 door civic and am looking at lip kits for it. I am not opposed to body kits but I am opposed to being so low to the ground that it is painful. And from what i can find out there, this pretty much limits me to lip kits (and i have been looking hard for about a week and a half). Anyway i am essentially decided on getting 1 of 2 kits. Hopefully you peeps can help me decide.

1. HFP lip kit.
http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_civic_hybrid_accessories/06_08_hybrid_exterior.htm -bottom of page
We've all seen it. But the problem with this kit is I live in Calgary and i can not find a reasonable priced one (<$1000) anywhere here (or even in Canada for that matter). Best i can do is get my dealership to sell and install for about 1900

2. VIS (Techno-R) lip kit.
http://autocityimports.com/2006-honda-civic-technor-classretailretail-s85000sdiv-p-7911.html
This i would probably buy from autocityimports as they have a good price on it and shipping up here isn't too expensive. All in all i can get the kit from them for under 900ish. But then i need to face the price of finding a body shop to paint it and install it. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it costs to paint and install a lip kit as opposed to a body kit? Big benefit to this kit = the rear lip is way sexier than the HFP rear lip, hate that thing.

So any and all information you guys can give me would be nice. Is there a reason i hear everyone talking about the HFP kit but NO ONE talking about the techno R kit? Is there a reason that different sites who sell the techno R kit show different front lips, and on VIS' website there is actually no listing of the front lip? Is VIS a reliable company? Anyone know where i can get kits for the 06 sedan in Canada? As i said before, any and all help is much appreciated.

I will post pics of my ride once everything is on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
932 Posts
$1,900 USD or CD

HFP comes with Honda factory paint for an exact match to your car color and it is an easy DIY install if you follow the directions to the letter.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats about 1900 CDN
My dealership gave me a 15% of accessories coupon when i bought my car, so that brings it down from 2100 to about 1800 - 1900ish

1 - 4 of 4 Posts