8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, when I pull the wiper lever for a spray it sprays the windshield and that's it. I have to turn the wiper on or pressit up to mist to get it to actually start wiping. Is that normal? Shouldn't it spray and wipe together?

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funniest thing happened when we bought the car. My girlfriend was driving it back and we had stopped in at a gas station. I was driving our other car back. Anyway, we stop and I go up to the passenger side window to ask about the headlights. She goes "what, this?" and I turn my head to look at the beam but instead I get a nice spray of washer fluid right in the eyes. I was like "MY EYES!!!"

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
It took me a little bit to get used to the wiper function on the Civic. You really do have to hold it towards you until the wipers kick in. I've also noticed, now that it is winter, that the wiper motor is very weak, especially when snow or ice is present.

Another thing: we don't have wiper fluid low lights (at least on the US Civics, I'm told), and I hope this spares you the very cold, bitter experience I went through last year thinking my washer fluid froze, when in actuality I was out.

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, that sucks. No it only gets to the freezing point where I am so I'm safe. Not like where I grew up in Saskatchewan where it hits -40 ! I beleive we do have low fluid warning, we don't have traction control though, go figure...

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I'll never understand why Canadians get some features we don't, and vice-versa. The coupes are all built in the same place in Canada, so wouldn't it cost more to further differentiate them?

·
Banned
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's weird for sure. Honestly there's no need for traction control on this car. It has so little torque at low rpm. SO much easier to drive than my 5.0L mustang with 300ft-lbs at 3000 rpm. The only car I could see needing traction control is something like the G35 coupe with 270hp and rear wheel drive. I think it's mandatory for some cars to have traction control in the US now? I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It's weird for sure. Honestly there's no need for traction control on this car. It has so little torque at low rpm. SO much easier to drive than my 5.0L mustang with 300ft-lbs at 3000 rpm. The only car I could see needing traction control is something like the G35 coupe with 270hp and rear wheel drive. I think it's mandatory for some cars to have traction control in the US now? I don't know for sure.
It will be mandatory for all cars by 2012. Then, all cars must have ESP - which includes TCS.

The Si may not need TCS to top loads of wheelspin on a dry surface. But TCS comes in very useful when driving conditions deteriorate due to weather. In slick surfaces TCS makes a huge difference - and so does VSA.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll never understand why Canadians get some features we don't, and vice-versa. The coupes are all built in the same place in Canada, so wouldn't it cost more to further differentiate them?
Its because there are two separate identities determining what should be given to each market. Honda of America decides the features for the US. Honda Canada Inc decides the features for Canada. Its all about market research and demand, not to mention what will make Honda the most $$ overall. Im disappointed that we Canadians don't get the Nav and Summer Tire option for the Si...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.