8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Flamesuit=1]

I've had a running theory that half of products bearing the Mugen name are namely ugly. Now there are some good examples out there, this thread was created to point and laugh at one of the bad ones.

[flamesuit=0]

·
Registered
773 Posts
What do you mean half of their products? That the company still exists makes a very strong case for there being far more people with more money than taste.

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
ok...;so this is coming from a current mugen si owner...i dont particualerly like the style of the insight...but its a hell of alot better looking that the first insight...i love mugen...absolutly love it...and i have taste....

·
Registered
773 Posts
ok...;so this is coming from a current mugen si owner...i dont particualerly like the style of the insight...but its a hell of alot better looking that the first insight...i love mugen...absolutly love it...and i have taste....

Come on, really? Did you look at it even?

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Not everyone has to feel the same way about Mugen as hugeevilrobot and habitat. I personally don't think their stuff looks that great but if someone else does, good for them! I used to think the stupid smiley front bumpers that they came out with (see RSX and S2K) were kinda dumb but those were actually better than, say, the front lip of a Mugen Si.

But that still doesn't mean ALL of their stuff is horrible. I think it was the Mugen inspire or something like that which looked better "mugenized". The Mugen fit though... puke.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
That's the funniest thing I've seen all day. I wonder if Mugen sells paper bags to put over your head while driving this.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Not everyone has to feel the same way about Mugen as hugeevilrobot and habitat.
Nope, but I do. :wavey:

Mugen generally makes some really ugly stuff. The other side to that is that when they actually do make something that looks good it generally looks really good.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, but I do. :wavey:

Mugen generally makes some really ugly stuff. The other side to that is that when they actually do make something that looks good it generally looks really good.
I agree, I'm a big fan of the Mugen Civic RR and the Mugen NSX RR... all else are just crap

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
The front actually looks really good and the wheels aren’t bad either (I bet they’re really light too, just to bad they are 4 lugs)… now the rear looks disappointing but that’s not Mugen’s fault, that’s Hondas issue… there is not much Mugen could have done there

·
Tuna Fiddle
19,256 Posts
I have to admit I'm not crazy about alot of the newer Mugen body parts, however to me there is nothing better on an older civic, accord, or prelude then a genuine mugen kit/lip. The only newer mugen parts I like are the kits they have for the 1st gen TSX and the kit them have for the new CRV.
TSX

CRV

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
Mugen NSX RR Concept= Hot
Mugen RR = Hot
Mugen TSX = Hot
Mugen Legend (RL) = Hot
Mugen Si = Hot
Mugen s2k = Hot
Mugen CRV = Nice
Mugen Fit = Not half bad looking
Mugen Insight = *thumbs way down*......what's up with the triangular exhaust tip??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts