8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I'm doing my upgrade to projector xenons, TSX ones seem to be all the rage.

I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on Bosch or Vaelo projectors?

And then what shrouds work best? I have a sedan if that makes any difference?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I've always loved the E46 shrouds, but that's just me.

Bosch/E46 projectors are fairly cheap (really cheap) but aren't all that great. Valeo's seem better, but the cutoff on TSX's look a lot better. Valeo has that ECE-type cutoff which is quite a bit more "stepped".

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
yeh valeos will give you a yellowish output and are of great improvement from your halogens or pnp kit.
TSX have just twice the width spreading the same light output throughout

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Go to HIDPlanet and find the shroud thread...pick up some ideas! E46 is always nice, but if there's something custom out there that you like, more power to you!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Blast! I can't find it anymore. Some of the more funky ones I remember was the top of a Cheetos can. Sorry wing.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i'm 95% sure i want chrome shrouds - just has a cool look, if not then some gray/silver plastic techno looking ones

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
doesn't the E46 have a flat side to it? pardon my ignorance if all shrouds do?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
It's not actually flat, it domes out, which will cover the rear of the housing. If you're looking for a "bullet" style shroud, the S2k would be good, but they're not chrome. There's also the E55 shrouds too.

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
nope
E46 look like crap. Would make your headlight look like a guy with a flat face LOL

looks good from the front but from the sides, it looks totally flat as if you would've just put aluminum sheet to cover the whole low beam section.
Some people like it, some people don't. the style from the bmw is like that bc the headlight itself is flat and not angles like others. Reason why others have a different, robotic-like shroud.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just for opinions - on a silver sedan - what would be more sex? the chrome or a flat silver?

also the back of the housing - what colour? black?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
nope
E46 look like crap. Would make your headlight look like a guy with a flat face LOL

looks good from the front but from the sides, it looks totally flat as if you would've just put aluminum sheet to cover the whole low beam section.
Some people like it, some people don't. the style from the bmw is like that bc the headlight itself is flat and not angles like others. Reason why others have a different, robotic-like shroud.
They look fine from the sides, if the projector is set back a bit. The seperator that splits the lowbeams from the turn signals would nicely hide that and not make the headlight look flat overall. Not sure how far back you'd have to set it though.

But, aesthetics are always opinionated. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
silver sedan keep it stock without painting the low beam section black.
=]
as far as shrouds, you have many to choose from/
Look at customlightz section for the robotic type shrouds and then look at eyeese for the flat-type shroud and draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
12,549 Posts
They look fine from the sides, if the projector is set back a bit. The seperator that splits the lowbeams from the turn signals would nicely hide that and not make the headlight look flat overall. Not sure how far back you'd have to set it though.

But, aesthetics are always opinionated. :thumb:
the outer lip has to touch the projector's bezel otherwise width will be a problem since the light projected out of the lense will be interrupted by the shroud itself.

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
E46 and other chrome shrouds are beautiful. As they said though Jonas, they're a bit flat. It'd work better in the sedan headlight than in the coupe though. The sedan already have a squared off design to them.

E46/Bosch projectors though are awful. Valeo projectors can produce some of the nicest optics out there IMO. I'd go for any other projector over the Bosch personally- even halogen MDX projectors would be better. TSX is good for the cost. You might want to consider Crossfire shrouds too.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what do you guys think about audi A6 shrouds?

or E39 shrouds

would either of them work?

and I'm 50/50 on blacking out the housing :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts