8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was going to get HID as my next upgrade. I was all ready to just buy the HID kit and install it and call it a day, but after reading intellexual net · m k i v in the sticky, I am now keener about not doing it half-assed (I don’t want to blind or anger the oncoming traffic). I also want a clean cutoff, and my impression is that a regular HID kit would not be able to offer that.

So then I started reading up on projectors and retrofits…and sorry to say I’m still quite confused about what physically needs to be done. Courtesy of leetcoder: http://www.cputr.com/cars/hid13.jpg - I don’t really understand how people install the shroud in the original headlights, and whether any additional wiring or sizing is required.

D Element HID Bixenon Projector Retrofit Headlights System w/CCFL Ring If I go for this package (dislike for the halo aside), do you think I would be able to achieve clean/no-glare light with sharp cutoff?

I did search and read up on some. Sorry bout the noob question.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
contact 99Aznaccord, he's rich from Hid-illusionz. Retrofitting is something I would leave to some one who has the experience, tools, etc.. It might look easy to install but think about aligning the cut off, leveling, making it look clean and professional.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts