8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and I have decided to do a project car. We have decided on getting two of the same type of car but doing the same things to both, so that we won't worry about who drives it when, if someone wrecks it, insurance ect. I was wondering what a good basic learing project car would be? Nothing to expensive or too much to insure. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks a bunch

Kevin

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
a 1999 civic si or just a 99 civic EX would be a good, cheap, and fun project car to work on.

believe me, you dont want to get complicated. the civic engines are simple to work with, and have a lot of potential. just my opinion. let us know what you decide on tho man.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
a lot of options...but because its a project car maybe it will be worth it to do the same mods with half the cost...think about it. if both of you have the same cars and do the same mods you're pretty much putting twice the effort into the car. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Get something RWD. To be honest, a Miata would be a great car if you built it for autocrossing. That way you and your friend could see who's better at both setting up an autocross car and driving it.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a lot of options...but because its a project car maybe it will be worth it to do the same mods with half the cost...think about it. if both of you have the same cars and do the same mods you're pretty much putting twice the effort into the car. just my 2 cents
i see your point here, but we have wanted to do this for a while and we really debated on to get 1 car but the money situation will be to difficult to sort out along with the insurence, and this is just a learning car, we both are "noobs" and just getting our feet wet so having the same car could benifit us in that we could help each other and have opinions ect.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
i see your point here, but we have wanted to do this for a while and we really debated on to get 1 car but the money situation will be to difficult to sort out along with the insurence, and this is just a learning car, we both are "noobs" and just getting our feet wet so having the same car could benifit us in that we could help each other and have opinions ect.
i totally get where you're coming from. my twin bro and i both have si's and same exact mods. we both learn from each other. but sometimes i think we should have just modded one or bought one car and modded it so that probably by now it could have twice the mods as our cars have on it now. im just saying it might be worth it to deal with the hassel of insurance and money situation etc. maybe later you two can get a car with cars around the same hp and tq and do separate mods to race against.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i totally get where you're coming from. my twin bro and i both have si's and same exact mods. we both learn from each other. but sometimes i think we should have just modded one or bought one car and modded it so that probably by now it could have twice the mods as our cars have on it now. im just saying it might be worth it to deal with the hassel of insurance and money situation etc. maybe later you two can get a car with cars around the same hp and tq and do separate mods to race against.
see its like a catch22 eaither way, but for now we may just have to see who is the better driver :laughing:

but down the road it will be more competitive. for now just learning

thanks for all your advice!!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
now its late 90's honda civic, acura integras, mazda miatia, nissian 240sx, ill discuss it with him tomorrow, keep the suggestions comming!!!

he was thinking camaro but i was not really into that idea....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.