8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
progress is 1.3 front 1.2 rear
eibach sportline 1.4 front 1.4 rear

which is better? and is it okay to use my stock shocks, i got like 17k miles.

I was thinking going with hfp kit but im kinda short with money.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
i second sportlines but the drop if not settled correctly will be slightly uneven...not enough to notice at a quick glance but just enough to piss u off

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Progress springs have a higher spring rate than the Sportlines, not a bad thing, depends if you want stiffer or not as stiff.

To be honest, there is no better and many of the responses will be bias toward what most have, hence the reason they like the specific company or whatever. Gonna be hard to find someone who had both and can compare and give a "best" review of them.

HFP kit will offer tuned struts/ shocks with the spring rate to the specific model. Better all around kit IMO of those that you mentioned.

If drop is what you are most hoping for, then I would suggest the one that drops closest to where you want to be.

If performance is what you are leaning toward, then don't drop below 1.5", even if it crossed your mind.

Shock/ struts. There is no telling how long stocks will last on drop springs. I can infer that you will have a much better ride with say a Koni or Tokico higher end product, or a decent street coilover set-up then rolling on stock struts/ shocks w/ drop springs. Downside, costs money.

In the end it is up to you. Read reviews, as there are plenty on here and come up with what you think you will like, not someone else. Everyone's preferences are different as well as their opinions. :thumb:

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Progress springs have a higher spring rate than the Sportlines, not a bad thing, depends if you want stiffer or not as stiff.

To be honest, there is no better and many of the responses will be bias toward what most have, hence the reason they like the specific company or whatever. Gonna be hard to find someone who had both and can compare and give a "best" review of them.

HFP kit will offer tuned struts/ shocks with the spring rate to the specific model. Better all around kit IMO of those that you mentioned.

If drop is what you are most hoping for, then I would suggest the one that drops closest to where you want to be.

If performance is what you are leaning toward, then don't drop below 1.5", even if it crossed your mind.

Shock/ struts. There is no telling how long stocks will last on drop springs. I can infer that you will have a much better ride with say a Koni or Tokico higher end product, or a decent street coilover set-up then rolling on stock struts/ shocks w/ drop springs. Downside, costs money.

In the end it is up to you. Read reviews, as there are plenty on here and come up with what you think you will like, not someone else. Everyone's preferences are different as well as their opinions. :thumb:

Soo, higher spring rate means stiffer and in conclusion less body roll or is that completely not true, haha, just trying to figure this out. I'm having the same debate b/w these springs too

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still don't know which to get, i don't really race that much anymore, but sometimes still like the corner, i want a nice drop and the same time can cut the corners.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ordered some ingalls stiffy(dog bone) i'm just pissed because i can't get any traction. I hope with getting some stiffer spring the rear of my car won't bow down upon launching.
I don't really don't go autocrossing anymore, but i know i'm going to drag this year.
I'm still stuck if im gonna get hfp kit or progress spring with stock shocks + nitto neo gen tires.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I had Ingalls "Stiffy" with HFP suspension and BFG KDW2 tires and I thought that thing hooked up like a dream for the street. I got rid of the Ingalls due to me not liking the extra vibrations throughout the cabin. I will say the product was very effective in reducing wheel hop though!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had Ingalls "Stiffy" with HFP suspension and BFG KDW2 tires and I thought that thing hooked up like a dream for the street. I got rid of the Ingalls due to me not liking the extra vibrations throughout the cabin. I will say the product was very effective in reducing wheel hop though!
I don't have massive power(207whp), but i will do 55 shots when i'm done fixing my traction problem with allmotor. I want to know if progress and ingalls will do the thing, or i really need some better suspension.

how do you compare your stiffy,hfp suspension and bfhg tires compare to stock, how much sec you thing you cut ?

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I don't have massive power(207whp), but i will do 55 shots when i'm done fixing my traction problem with allmotor. I want to know if progress and ingalls will do the thing, or i really need some better suspension.

how do you compare your stiffy,hfp suspension and bfhg tires compare to stock, how much sec you thing you cut ?
I can't really comment on specific times and such as I never tracked it with that specific set-up, which I should have.

I can only assume acceleration times were quicker due to high grip, less weight transfer and less wheel hop.

Cornering with that set-up was also great, not that the "stiffy" had much advantage in that department.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i like hfp kit but i don't think the shock has a big difference with my shock now, plus progress is way stiffer than stock so it might balance out. i'm saving for some adjustable koni's but i think i'll use my stock shocks for now with progress.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
I am not sure, and anyone else for that matter, the difference in valving between stock and HFP. I will say the HFP utilizes a shorter shaft to accomodate the shorter springs.

I personally never been a fan of drops on stock struts/ shocks, but that is just me.

I myself am gearing for the Koni OTS application. I decided I did not need height adjustable so I didn't go through Redshift. If you want Koni and height adjustable, speak to Redshift. I hear their product is extremely well designed and are nice to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts