8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many of us have ordered the Progress Sway Bar from CorSportUSA for their Si?

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic Si - 62.1009

I ordered mine and waited almost two months for arrival. I then had to wait another two weeks to meet up with a friend to install my suspension and the RSB. Much to my dismay, the reinforcement bracket DOES NOT LINE UP.

XtremeThunder and I tried every which way to see if we had overlooked some configuration. As you can see from the pictures, we tried putting the bracket behind the endlink brace and in front of it. There was no way to turn the bracket that would work. Getting under the car and looking outward, from behind the wheel, there was only one place to put the bracket, as the other side had a bump that made it impossible for the bracket to be flush.

I posted on the CorSport thread and was directed to contact Progress. This is probably the best route to go as CorSport can't be held liable for what Progress sells.

So I'm currently amidst emails with Progress:

Me
Hi,

I ordered your sway bar from CorSport Online Store and went to install it this past weekend. I found out that the reinforcement brackets were completely off. I've attached pictures to show the issue. Can you send me brackets that fit? *Attached Above Pictures*
Progress
After speaking with our tech, he says you can elongate the hole with a Dremel tool or a die grinder and continue with installation.
Me
Hi,

It would be unreasonable for me to go out and buy a Dremel or grinder as I do not own one or have access to one. I purchased the correct sway bar for my vehicle and assumed that the reinforcement brackets would fit since they were for my specific vehicle. Can't you just send me the correct brackets?? Why do these brackets not line up in the first place?
Progress
We found out the factory hole placement on some vehicles (possibly Si only) is different, then the test vehicle we used. We are in the process of updating the bracket configuration to a two hole design, but do not currently have anything to send you.
Me
Well seeing as my hands are tied, I would like you to send me a replacement bracket when they are available. I cannot be the only Si who has ordered this item and found out the reinforcement brackets do not match up. The lead time for new brackets can't be too far off as your sway bar is quite the hot item for all Civic models, especially the Si.

When will you be rolling out the brackets that do fit Si models?
Progress
Estimated week of June 14th
Me
Thank you. Please send me the brackets when they are available.
Once again, I drive a 2009 Civic Si Sedan.

My current address is:

Yada
yada
yada

I will hang on to this email as verification of the misaligned brackets I originally received. Should a receipt be required for proof of purchase, I can send you a screenshot of my order from corsportusa.com

Thank you help working through this matter. I look forward to receiving the brackets.
Progress
Please mail back the original brackets in your kit to us:

1265 N. Grove St

Anaheim, CA 92806
Me
Sure that's not a problem. I can box it up tonight and be out the door tomorrow morning.
Can you please provide a RMA label?
Progress
There is no way to do this through the postal service.

I guess I'll just have to wait for these brackets. Now I don't have a drill or dremel otherwise I'd probably try to work it out myself. I'm a hands on learner and for something simple like this, I wouldn't mind doing it myself but going out to buy a drill for this would be silly. Might as well just have bought the CorSport Brackets if I was going to spend the money. Not to mention I don't want to tamper with the rigidity of the bracket in any way shape or form.

My next questions is why have I not read about anyone else having this issue? I'm sure plenty of people have ordered this for their Fa5/Fg2....

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good to hear GGCivicSI! Must be nice to have one installed :)

Will do Thunder! btw, it's a noticeably more stable ride. There is still noticeable roll but I definitely feel more stable, there's less movement when I correct throughout the corners :)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please mail back the original brackets in your kit to us:

1265 N. Grove St

Anaheim, CA 92806

Would it be too much to ask for a RMA label? Or is that being too much of a bossy request?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine don't fit either, but I'm going to drill them out instead of spending money on shipping and having to wait.

On the installation, which side of the tab are you guys installing the brackets on? The Progress instructions show it on the same side as the end link, where the Red Shift instructions are on the opposite side. Or does it even matter?

·
Registered
878 Posts
So i got my Progress RSB last Friday. I'm a bit confused to the directions.

One part it says that the RSB is a direct replacement of the OEM one, and no modifications needed if you have an SI. Then another part says, install brackets and bushings... Maybe I'm just not reading it right, but my dad and two other buddy's are confused like I am.

I have yet to see if the re-enforcement bracket fits.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed mine last weekend. On an SI, the RSB is a direct replacement using the bushings and bushing brackets supplied with the sway bar. You won't be using the adapter plates.

Note, the torque setting on the Progress installation instructions for the bushing brackets is spec'd higher than in the service manual. I followed the service manual, and it started clunking after a couple days. Retorqued it to the higher spec and all is quiet.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
mine fit just fine, sucks that yours didn't fit.

But on one side of the coin, if you bought a drill, it's not REMOTELY a waste of money. I've used the **** out of the dremel and the drill that i bought.

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
my instructions that came with the RSB said reinforcement brackets are only for lower models, NOT Si...
I think you are confusing the 'Bushing Brackets' and the 'LCA Brackets'.

'Bushing Brackets' are required for all models below Si trim level on FA/FG chassis.
'LCA Reinforcement Brackets' are recommended on all trim level FA/FG chassis.

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
umm if i am looking at that picture correctly, and looking at my car correctly, and looking at the instructions correctly, i think i'm talking about the right thing. if i had a picture of my instructions that came with the rsb i would post it.

lca= lower control arm right?

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
umm if i am looking at that picture correctly, and looking at my car correctly, and looking at the instructions correctly, i think i'm talking about the right thing. if i had a picture of my instructions that came with the rsb i would post it.

lca= lower control arm right?
Hmmm.

Yup, LCA = Lower Control Arm.

I would highly recommend installing the reinforcement brackets on all trim levels.

·
Registered
8,767 Posts
i'm just trying to point out that apparently, progress has done some damage control by changing their instruction sheet to indicate that the reinforcement bracket will not a fit an si. unless it does say that on your instructions, i don't know.

anywho although recommended, the car should be fine without the reinforcement brackets for now... i've known people who push their cars to the limits quite often on this rsb and it's been fine. i'd like to be updated if they do come out with one for the si though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts