8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first of a series of Do It Yourself threads for aftermarket parts on the 8th generation Civic Si. My company, Excelerate LLC, nor I, Joshua Lockwood, represent that any of the information forthwith is all inclusive or 100% accurate, although we will strive to be as accurate as possible. Proceed at your own risk and your own liability.

This is a DIY thread for the Progress RSB for the 8th generation Civic. This bar will fit all 06+ Civics but these instructions are for the Si (FG2, FA5). You can purchase this bar from us for $155 shipped to the continental US.

See here for pricing: Progress Sway Bar Special!!! - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

Parts needed:

Progress RSB
12MM Socket
3/8" Ratchet
14MM wrench
5MM Allen Key

1. Raise the rear of the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations. I had a lift but you will probably be using jack stands.

This is where the rear sway bar is located.

2. On both sides (pass and driver) remove the two 8X1.25MM bolts with a 12MM socket.

3. Then disconnect both stabilizer links from the RSB.

In order to remove the 10X1.25MM self-locking nut stick a 5MM hex wrench (I did this job a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's 5MM; if not it is 6MM) in the pin. Then take your 14MM wrench and turn the nut counter clockwise. If you have a ratcheting wrench put it on before you put the hex wrench in the pin. Do this on both sides.

4. Remove the bar from the vehicle and be mindful of its orientation.

5. Now look over your new hardware. Customers with Civic Si's will not need the 2 shiny brackets at the bottom. Those are for the R18 guys.

Comparison of old vs new.

6. Install the RSB in the reverse order of removal.

RSB brackets measurements: 36 ft/lbs of tq.
RSB End Link measurement: 28 ft/lbs of tq

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SkyeHack said:
what does the sway bar do?
Reduces body roll. It plants the car a little better since it is larger than your stock bar. It is larger by 2mm. Stock is 20mm IIRC and this is 22mm.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dorkiedoode said:
i don't have a torque wrench. do i just tighten it with my hand till it stop turning? or i have to get a torque wrench?
You don't need a torque wrench but I recommend it.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
most shops just jack the car up or raise it on the lift. If you do jack the car up, make sure you jack both sides up (the entire rear) so that the suspension hangs evenly.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Mine was not under load when I installed it back in March, No problems to this day...

1 - 20 of 208 Posts