8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Got my subframe pulled today, thought that was a good place to stop, till my clutch comes in. I had one from autozone, but the pilot bushing was bent, so I ended up returning it

Then I will pull the passenger side half shaft, driver side cv axle, undo the trans/motor mount and undo the bell housing and drop the trans.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
My clutch probably won't be in till early next week, also got energy suspension bushing for my lower control arms.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Aye aye aye, almost about had an aneurysm earlier, trying to get fly wheel off of the crank with a 1/2 drive 17mm 12pt socket and swrench, and ONE bolt stripped.

Did some reading, and ended up getting it out with some heat and an old (not as useless as I thought) impact gun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Got my k20R flywheel from the shop, noticeable difference in weight from the beefy stock one.

My only concern is I'm not tuned or flash, am I going to throw any codes? Can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

Registered
You might wanna look into replacing the main seal while you're at it.
I had to take tranny back off to replace it right after replacing clutch.(Started leaking as you can see)

You dont have to but, headsup on your mileage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
You might wanna look into replacing the main seal while you're at it.
I had to take tranny back off to replace it right after replacing clutch.(Started leaking as you can see)

You dont have to but, headsup on your mileage.
I thought about it, but I thought mine looked alright though,
and I've heard if it looks ok, not to go messing with it. I'll post a picture

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Imo it likes like it might've already been done at one point.

I pulled an exedy clutch out of the car, I know they make the oem clutch, but does it have their name on it? If not, then the clutch has already been replaced. There's 128xxx on the car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts