8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

not my style...put if you need a bif four door car ya!

^ I want this bad boy :lildevil:

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
The coupe is effing hot as hell, unfortunately, the coupe model is going to be the Holden Ute Wagon (looks like a truck).

Stupid decision in my mind, but the G8 is a hell of a car. Anyone who isn't keeping their eye on GM is quite dumb.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
The coupe is effing hot as hell, unfortunately, the coupe model is going to be the Holden Ute Wagon (looks like a truck).

Stupid decision in my mind, but the G8 is a hell of a car. Anyone who isn't keeping their eye on GM is quite dumb.
then i am dumb, man all you get from domestics is raw power which isn't everything

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I dunno, the quality is starting to get up there on domestic cars. So many people keep denying it without ever really knowing. Sooner or later it is going to sneak up and bite Honda and Toyota on the ass.

As far as I'm concerned, it's already bitten Toyota.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I dunno, the quality is starting to get up there on domestic cars. So many people keep denying it without ever really knowing. Sooner or later it is going to sneak up and bite Honda and Toyota on the ass.

As far as I'm concerned, it's already bitten Toyota.
+1 when i hear mass production numbers increasing all i can think of is oh **** thats never a good thing

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I think that has always been the aim, producing as many cars as possible for as cheap as possible, but there has to be a balance, you know?

I know many people hate domestic cars, but I have to tell you, the interiors of these newer American cars are really close, if not at, the level of most of the competition.

If they weren't, I doubt the new Cadillac would've won Car of the Year, or that the Malibu would've beaten the Accord in points.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I think that has always been the aim, producing as many cars as possible for as cheap as possible, but there has to be a balance, you know?

I know many people hate domestic cars, but I have to tell you, the interiors of these newer American cars are really close, if not at, the level of most of the competition.

If they weren't, I doubt the new Cadillac would've won Car of the Year, or that the Malibu would've beaten the Accord in points.
I agree that the quality may be on par maybe everything else, but iono but domestic cars have like a bad aura revolving them iono if its from how they were in the past, but when people hear domestic they picture something other than reality

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
It's going to take years for perceptions to change. GM and Ford screwed themselves the last 15-20 years, and it's going to take time for them to reprove themselves.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
This car is going to be like the GTO,two years on the market and discontinued because it wont sale and dealers will offer incentive and rebates,just to get them off the lot. The Holden version is a lot nicer,hopefully a Holden body kit will come out for it to replace the fugly Pontiac front. It also looks a bit dated in design but overall nice car..for the price id rather have a WRX or EVO instead. The Monaro "GTO" was actually based off the Vectra and Cadillac Catera chassis a 12 year old chassis..1994-2006. On the top gear video Jermy Clarkson hated the Vectra because it drove like **** and handled like **** plus its based off an old chassis. Im not bashing this car or because its GM but cmon GM where is the ALL NEW CAR at?!

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This car is going to be like the GTO,two years on the market and discontinued because it wont sale and dealers will offer incentive and rebates,just to get them off the lot. The Holden version is a lot nicer,hopefully a Holden body kit will come out for it to replace the fugly Pontiac front. It also looks a bit dated in design but overall nice car..for the price id rather have a WRX or EVO instead. The Monaro "GTO" was actually based off the Vectra and Cadillac Catera chassis a 12 year old chassis..1994-2006. On the top gear video Jermy Clarkson hated the Vectra because it drove like **** and handled like **** plus its based off an old chassis. Im not bashing this car or because its GM but cmon GM where is the ALL NEW CAR at?!
woa....half your info is wrong!!!!!!

Car and driver said it was a caddy chasis! They had to rebuke that statement in the next issue and apologized for stating basically crap.

The Monaro/GTO was made in 1998 on its OWN australian CHASIS that had nothing to do with any DOMESTIC platform.

The Commadore just came out last year in australia..its so new that clarkson just reviewed the G8 GXP version the VXR8 as its called in europe

YouTube - Vauxhall VXR8 on Top Gear

he actually loved the Monaro and the VXR 8...He owns a Monaro for the record..Here is jeremy clarksons garage
My favourite car? That's a tricky one - Times Online
Inside Jeremy’s dream garage

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
BMW M5
VW Phaeton
Rolls-Royce Phantom
Corvette C6
Vauxhall Monaro
Porsche Carrera GT
Pagani Zonda F
Alfa Romeo Brera
Audi RS4
Bugatti Veyron

yup

with all the exotics in the world he would have a Monaro. Also the G8 will do awesome I feel... All the people can afford it are estatic. V8 performance under 30 grand with BMW M5 handling..

Enjoy :thumb:

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Snake-eyes don't waste your time, he is ALWAYS wrong and I stupidly still argue with him.

x100000000

i would say his info is wrong closer to 99% percent of the time though... :popcorn:

Again shows how coupes looks better than sedans IMO. Although I would never buy any pontiac, i like where they are going with this. Looks 100x better than the GTO..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts