8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site and this is the first forum I have tried. I have a 2000 civic ex coupe 5 speed D16Y8. I was making progress slowly in the quarter mile. I recently got my time to 15.9, then I added an ACT street disc and flywheel, along with a Skunk2 cam gear, Unorthodox pulleys and now my time is 16.2 all damn day. When the clutch was being installed the air assist valve solenoid was broken off of the trans. I plugged the hole for now. Is there any way that this part makes that much difference?

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I wish I could answer you, but I can't give you good solid answers. I know there are a few people on here that might be able to help you out. Hang in there for a day or so and see if anyone can help you out. If not, I can contact a few people that might be able to help you better.

by the way - welcome to the site.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Have you had your timing checked? The cam gear install may be what's messing you up. Also I have read in numerous places that replacing the pullies can lead to Harmonic imbalances within the belt which could also lead to loss of power. Other than that I don't really know. I wouldn't thnk that the solenoid would be causing that much power loss if it causes any at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts