8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Civic LX Coupe 5spd manual with about 3800 miles on it. I have a few problems with it and was wondering if anyone else has come accross these.

1) There is a bad rattle in the drivers rear speaker area.
2) The fuel release works when it wants to.
3) The wiper sounds like there is a frog stuck in there when they are on.

I love the car, just frusterated with the problems. I have owned a 2001 and 2002 Civic and a 2000 and 2003 VW Jetta and none of those cars have had any problems the whole time I have owned them. Anyway I am sure Honda will fix these issues.

Thanks all and happy Holidays
Z

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't have those problems that you appear to have. I was quite happy to see my fuel door working in sub-20 degree weather since I thought the latching mechanism may be frozen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
webby said:
take the car to honda - that's the best solution.
Thanks Webby. Just made the appt. My airbag light came on today and wont go off so I am bringing it in. :(

Thanks all,

Z

·
Registered
594 Posts
wow sounds like u got a bad civic =\

hope they fix it! since its on warranty find EVERYTHING that bothers you and make em fix that ish

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same problem with your wiper but It was only one night. It was weird. I was already thinking of putting a grease but it was gone the following day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to all. It is going into the dealer on the 19th I will let ya know what I find out. I know my brother has an 06 Civic EX coupe and has the same rattle and noise with the wipers. I'll keep ya updated.

Happy Motoring!

Z

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What I found...

:driving:
cazzerz said:
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 Civic LX Coupe 5spd manual with about 3800 miles on it. I have a few problems with it and was wondering if anyone else has come accross these.

I love the car, just frusterated with the problems. I have owned a 2001 and 2002 Civic and a 2000 and 2003 VW Jetta and none of those cars have had any problems the whole time I have owned them. Anyway I am sure Honda will fix these issues.

Z
Ok All here is the outcome of all of this.

1) They can't seem to find the rattle in the rear speaker shelf
2) They had to replace teh latch on the fuel door release
3) The rubber bushings on the wipers were worn out and were replaced along with the cowl panel that the seals over the wipers were dried out I guess.
4) The Air Bag lamp was caused from a faulty sensor in the seat.
5) The recall was performed and now my gas pedal wont fall apart.

Hopefully this is the last time any warranty work needs to be done in a long time. I really enjoyed my 2001 Civic and it was one of the first and never any issues. I love this car, but with school and work I don;t need it spending more time in the shop then on the road. LOL Ok I am done venting! Honda still rocks!

Z

·
Registered
79 Posts
But look at it this way, it was all covered!! I always figure a new car will have a few problems along the way but as long as they are taken care of at no cost to me, I can put up with a little (just a little) hassle of having to take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
CAZZERS:

I have the same problem with my driver side wiper perfect way to descrive it by the way "like a frog is in there", I have an EX coupe with 400 Miles M/T, I was thinking maybe some grease should I take it to the dealer? Did the noise ever come back?

Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
cazzerz said:
Hello everyone,

Z
Join the emerging club of unsatitisified LX & EX Coupe owners! :Mad: :flame:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts