8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdie,

I recently flashed the newer version of the stage 1 map onto my 09 si. I was previously running the 1.02 version. After flashing the map the car felt a little flat, but I though that might be due to learning the new map and the smoothing of the vtec transition, but after a couple of hundred miles it still feels the same. And more importantly my long term fuel trims have gone from a nice +-.8 to +-1.6! Has anyone else experienced this?

I have made no other changes at all to my car since or before flashing the newer version map. I flashed back to stock map temporarily to see if the LTFT will settle down and to see if my mpg will come up as well (it also dropped with 1.03).

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
do you realize going to 1.6 is not a big deal at all?

You are fine if you less than +/- 8...

1.03 has different cam angles for more power. They might not work for your setup.

Just so you know, you're freaking out about .8% of needed fuel change. The computer can compensate for quite a bit but you only want to curb it under 10%

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! I did not relaize that, I was under the impression that if it strayed much further than .8 +- it ws not really very good MAF calibration and 1.6 being double that value was not looking too good.

Either way, I don't think my car liked that map. The power was flat and the mpg took a pretty big hit. Driving like a granny with mostly highway I was previously able to pull down 38mpg, but with 1.03 I was lucky to baby it to 30mpg.

Strange.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow! I did not relaize that, I was under the impression that if it strayed much further than .8 +- it ws not really very good MAF calibration and 1.6 being double that value was not looking too good.

Either way, I don't think my car liked that map. The power was flat and the mpg took a pretty big hit. Driving like a granny with mostly highway I was previously able to pull down 38mpg, but with 1.03 I was lucky to baby it to 30mpg.

Strange.
Why not just flash it back to the v1.02 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just flash it back to the v1.02 ?
That's what I thought after I flashed it back to stock. :facepalm:

Not all bad though, it reminded me that the car drives a lot better with the Cobb maps than the stock map!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Strange.
Oh, no no! You're aiming to be +- 8.0%, not 0.8. Calibrating to land within +- 0.8 year-round is an exercise in futility :p

I've got my current calibration to 0.8 when it's hot out, and being in Florida, it's almost always hot out. This time of year, the temperature drops a bit, and my LTFT slightly increases (believe it's at 3.xx right about now.) Still, car runs pretty great under load, and I'm getting respectable gas mileage. Last test was 27.8 MPG (not using the AccessPort, but comparing miles driven to gallons filled at the pump.)

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
do you realize going to 1.6 is not a big deal at all?

You are fine if you less than +/- 8...

1.03 has different cam angles for more power. They might not work for your setup.

Just so you know, you're freaking out about .8% of needed fuel change. The computer can compensate for quite a bit but you only want to curb it under 10%
Try this map (http://www.accesstuners.com/ap-maps/bv1aemsristage1v17), just copy over your MAF cal from your current map... I made 194hp on this and my fuel wasn't even perfect yet. Plus the mid-range is very nice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Dan0974
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing