8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i had a retro done recently, i won't say by who or the company but those of you with retros, please shed some light. I can only see the distance of two lanes when sitting perpendicular to a road. you can see what i mean in the pics.. plus i think that the lights are aimed way too low which is probably why this is happening. i can hardly see the road in front of me compared to my stock halogens... heck i can't even see when theres a u-turn in a median.

^^^ thats the pic of the 2 lanes...

distance of maybe 4-5 ft.. notice how low they are.

·
Registered
183 Posts
definitely aimed too low.

You have to aim them higher using the headlight adjusting screw. It's under your hood somewhere.

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
after all the work done to them and the shipping, did you really expect tehm to be aimed 100% perfect when you installed them....
yes, I would expect it after spending 1k for lights

they are definitely too low...a good starting point is to park 25 feet from a wall and aim them until they are about 28 inches high

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the great info guys, the adjustment knob the is the silver looking screw behind the headlight right? and, won't have to take off the actual headlights to do the adjusting? if not, please tell me if theres a way to adjust it without having to take out the entire housing. thanks a lot guys.. i wish i could rep you all.. haha

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
This is a general response to some of the responses I've seen so far.

Things you have to take into account when aiming your lights. Suspension height. when I raised my front end up a centimeter, I had to readjust the lights. I never got flashed by people until the night after I raised the car. I could tell the difference just sitting in the driveway. I don't know if you have any work done to your suspension but this is one resaon why they aren't aimed.

Folks, you can't expect the company or individual who makes your lights to aim them perfectly for you when they don't have your car infront of them. This is your responsibility since you have your car and not them. It's not hard, you can do it without removing anything as long as you loosen your battery and remove the radiator overflow reservoir to get to the screws.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Funny you say that Dawn... i got flashed with my retros once.. and im dropped on skunk2 springs and my are aimed a little low....

i never got flashed with my 6k PnP kit..... odd very odd

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Funny you say that Dawn... i got flashed with my retros once.. and im dropped on skunk2 springs and my are aimed a little low....

i never got flashed with my 6k PnP kit..... odd very odd
Thats because the blinding light was all encompassing. :p

I never got flashed until the I raised them. I got flashed 3 times and once by a raised truck! WTF? Then again, most other drivers are raging morons.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dawnN!!! i thought you just needed the long screwdriver.. i'm at work and i just popped my hood and i saw the screw on top of the plastic area that sais up and down... can't i just reach through there without loosing the reservoir or w/e you said? lol , thanks again

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
dawnN!!! i thought you just needed the long screwdriver.. i'm at work and i just popped my hood and i saw the screw on top of the plastic area that sais up and down... can't i just reach through there without loosing the reservoir or w/e you said? lol , thanks again
the resevoir pops right out no tools..

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
No problem. I had a similar one pop up on my way to NJ a few weeks ago. I stopped at an AutoZone in Delware and some kid who worked there was lovin' the car and he helped me out. It took us about 3-5 minutes after the sun went down.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Yep, but it's a real son of a b*tch to get back in. That's why I loosened the battery tie down.
i was a idiot taking it out until Rippars showed me how.. now it just slides and locks in and out easily with one hand...

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
i was a idiot taking it out until Rippars showed me how.. now it just slides and locks in and out easily with one hand...
it was a ***** the first time but after that I got the hang of it

1 - 20 of 46 Posts