8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so back when i had the AEM CAI that would throw a cell, i put it on and ran with it on for about 30 min, in that 30 min the car wouldnt go past 3,000 rpm, it would stutter at that speed. the car would also die on me, so i took it off and the car seemed to work fine, that was about 6 months or longer ago, i have a K&N SRI in there rite now, but i think my ecu is screwed up and is running rich. my dad has a 2007 Ex and i have a 2006, i was going to just sway mine out for his since his is stock and only a couple weeks old. (he will never notice the difference) he drives my car also and cant notice, but when i drive his, its almost better than mine, even though i have K&N SRI, Megan Down Pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust and NST Pulley Kit. idk whats another alternative to just switching them out, i dont think the dealership will fix it due to the aftermarket parts ive put into it.

any suggestions?:biggrin:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Sounds like the MAF (mass air flow) sensor is not connected or not working right. Double check the connection, easy to disconnect it for the install and then forget to re-connect it. Simplest thing I can think of . . .
-W

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive done that, i think its when i put the AEM CAI in the intake screwed up the A/F ratio and it stayed like that. i could be wrong though

·
Registered
549 Posts
Warrenty Q - mods dont void your warrenty unless the problem in question was caused by it, correct? Reason I'm aslking as I'm planning on installing a CAI... and know hydrolock obv. voids it.. just hope if it needs to be brought in to the dealership they won't lay into me about having it on there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2006 LX and when i put my AEM cold air on i had no problems but then i put on the magnaflow catback exhaust and it kept throwing the CEL. To finally get it to turn off i had to take off the negative battery cable and let it sit for like 10 min, then start it up and let it sit and run for like 10 min, then i drove it real easy for about 200 miles ( i didn't take it over 3000rpms). Before i did this i would just take off the battery cable and then let it run for a few minutes and then jump in and go and sure enough the light would come on. So I finally got that to go away then I put the NST pulleys on mine and just jumped in and took off and the CEL light came on again so i had to do the same thing as before (take off the cable, let it run, drive it easy). After all this the light has stayed out so you might want to try that. If that doesn't work then maybe the MAF sensor broke or shorted out or something. Post back to let me know if this works for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts