8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been having this problem for about 2weeks now. The problem is that every time I started up/drive when the engine is just warming up theres this high pitch sound come from the engine bay AND it ONLY HAPPEN when I give it some gas(1-3k rpm) but I can hear engine go into the higher pitch after starting. It seems to go away after a couple of miles. I don't think the weather is a factor because the weather is at constant 85-89F year around.

Is this normal? Should I take it to the dealer? Are they going to charge me for looking at this problem or is it cover? I have the 7year/100k platinum plan if that helps.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Im assuming you dont have any aftermarket parts? If so, take it to your local dealership and keep us posted.

Remember, they will ask you to try and duplicate the sound. So find out exactly how to replicate it before hand. :thumb: Good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I found that the stock intake whistles a little bit . . . I think it's the resonator. Since I changed my intake piping, I haven't heard it.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
is it the sound that an old car makes? i mean that's not very helpful, but if you think of like a 10 yr old car or so that makes a high pitched whirring sound or something as it drives?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its the power steering pump or the pully because I can hear the engine in the background and the sound get worst when I turn my steering wheels. It a high pitch buzzing sound I'll try get a sound clip. Here the problem for me the sound only happen when the engine is warming up so by the time I get to my dealer the sound is gone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the dealer they said all the problem was cause by a faulty power steering unit and will be replace under warrenty. weird thing is that I check my fluid yesterday and it was fine.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Hmm could be the stock airbox. Tightening a loose screw or removing it and checking the filter might help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts