8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a replacement asap i have no idea what size where i can get one and how i can get one shipped next day please help!! its a greddy one!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I was wondering why that greddy kit was super cheap. See if it can be rebuilt first! Maybe there is a local shop that can rebuild it. If not then I am not sure where you can get the greddy turbo from used or new :(

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea the install was done today and when they started it up it started smoking.....idk what to do the t517z turbo are like 1500 dollars new.....i cant upgrade to a new manifold or a bigger turbo no money..

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
get a gt28 with a t25 housing look on the nissan forums they run the t25 flanges on most of there stuff talk to soxfan as well he might have something laying around you can use

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
There's 2 options.

#1: Send the Greddy turbo to get rebuilt, should be around $400-$500.

#2: Get a GT2871 or something along those lines, Supa Ninja is running it and Soxfan143 was running it on the Greddy kit. ATPTurbo has them, check it out. You just need a T25 housing with the internal wastegate. Cost will be around $800-$900 IIRC

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the guy that installed is says all it doing is smoking out the exhaust so he said the turbo is pretty much blown and i searched up a replacement for the turbo t517z and all im gettin is a 1500 dollar turbo from greddy...wow this is so bad idk where to start..900 bucks is alot anything cheaper i could pick up ?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would ask if an oil restrictor is needed for the greddy kit. Might be that? We had a ton of smoke out of Khai's exhaust, forgot the oil restrictor.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Sucks sorry man :( Do greddy kits need an oil restrictor?
a .060 restrictor might fix the smoking. if it was fine on your friends wrecked car maybe you just have a lot more oil pressure. also check to make sure the oil retun isn't restricting the oil. really should do the proper oil drain and tapped pan.

unfortunately buying used isn't always good.

a gt2871r with the actuator is about 1200, but its a far superior turbo compared to the crappy little greddy turbo.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
If he's using all the stuff that comes with the Greddy kit, there shouldn't be any smoking, I never had any. Also, I believe the Greddy lines come with a restrictor.

You just installed your turbo kit and already looking for cheap stuff??????

·
Registered
556 Posts
That really sux man. What is your exhaust setup? On my MazdaSpeed 3, it would smoke when I ran it with a test pipe b/c the turbo seals were bad. I put the cat back on and no more smoke. Just a thought if that was it...give you some time to save money for the upgrade.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts