8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Civic Si. It has almost 21k miles on it. This morning, I'm trying to put the car in reverse, but it will not go in. It just pops right back out. First thing I thought of was my clutch. But I can go into all my other gears while driving without any popping. The only gear that feels loose is 6th. Any help?

·
Registered
182 Posts
this is common on all cars and happends once in a blue moon. next time put the car into 1st, move forward an inch, stop and then put it into reverse.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I opened up my hood to see if I can see anything wrong with my bushings...

The part highlighted, the black casing seems to be separated like it broke off. The cable seems to be fine, but not the black piece. You think that is the problem?

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figured out the problem. It's the shift cable. The black piece is broken. When I put it together, I was able to put it into reverse. When it was separates, I can't put it into reverse.

Anyone know where I can buy new ones?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey I had the same problem...When installing my shifter cable bushings I screwed that black piece up and broke it. I could get my car into reverse when I played with that black piece but everytime I wanted to put it in reverse I would have to go under the hood. I somehow got my local dealership to fix it under warranty, I never told them about the bushings I installed. The bad thing about it was that it took my dealer over two weeks to get a new set-up, so I got to put around in an Accord loaner for the time I waited without paying a dime and I even got my mtf changed out for free for it taking so long to fix...

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I told you new a shift cable is needed....a bunch of people have screwed up their cables installing the bushings...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
where you at in jersey, I took mine to sussex honda and they never gave me a problem..Also I left the bushings in when I took it to them..

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I went with the manual lift hood reverse for about a month, It sucked when I could I would just push the car out of its spot. Shoulda seen the looks I was getting haha

·
ms3 fail.
8,339 Posts
you need to put the car in 1st, then go to reverse. gets your gears in sync says honda when i told them about this problem

1 - 20 of 32 Posts