8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I take my 07 si into my dealerships service department for the 15k miles service today (I have 14800 miles but had 20% oil life), and after leaving work at 9pm (keep in mind I haven't driven my car after service finished with it yet) I notice as soon as I accelerate the car pulls to the night and when I let off it drives normal. so I pull over on the L.I.E and check my tires thinking the pressure is low, and the pressure is fine with no sounds or sights of a leak or puncture. now I gotta drive back to work tommorow (45 min away) so they can look at it and I just hope its not a problem because I really am too young to die because of a stupid problem lol. any ideas what it can be or what to tell them to look at? any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also I noticed when I'm comming to a stop light and if there's a pothole and I hit it while braking my car shakes and makes noises...anything on that?

·
Registered
236 Posts
This may sound stupid but i would check first if your wheel lugs are torqued properly. The other thing i can think of is a cv shaft on its way out.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
This may sound stupid but i would check first if your wheel lugs are torqued properly. The other thing i can think of is a cv shaft on its way out.
Thats what im thinking too.

15k service on this cars consist of:

tire rotation

replacing wiper inserts

oil change

visual inspection of under carriage

and in some dealerships a trans drain and fill.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Same thing happened to both of my Si's. Simply have the tires rotated back to the original position. Problem will go away. Honda believes there was some irregularities in the initial batch of Michelin tires on the Civics which causes them to wear irregularly so when they are rotated, they cause the 'pulling' problem.

I had my first set of tires on my SI comp'd out by Honda and replaced with new BF Goodrich KDWs because my originals wore unevenly. No problems since.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
^Interesting point. I'll raise that when I go to the dealership Saturday. Maybe my lugs are torqued incorrectly. I have an 07 with the acceleration pull and it didn't happen until I put my stockers back on recently.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lugs are fine, I checked them when I checked the tires on the L.I.E and checked the tires/lugs after getting home, still the same results. I have heard about the tires being rotated being a problem but this is the 4th time the cars been serviced and the tires have been rotated, so why would it just happen all of a sudden on the 4th time? I have heard a clink noise once or twice when I turn the wheel after I start the car up after a few hours of it sitting in the garage but never thought anything of it. also like I said when I'm braking and I hit a bump/pothole the car shakes like hell and makes a noise (the same shake that you'd feel if you stall the car roughly but a nastier noise)...any other input? thanks guys I appreciate it

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they said it was torque steer after they rotated the tires 2 times because i complained. such b/s its not a damn skyline its a civic, theres not that much torque steer. my moms a lawyer and said if something happens to me while driving that legal action has occured in the same situations but other brands. supposively dodge is notorious for it

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
The pothole problem you stated is just the ABS. Nothing to worry about there.

Wait... The CAR shakes? or the BRAKE PEDAL shakes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts