8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus purchased white LED rear turn signal bulbs... i installed them but now when i use my turn signal they flash alot faster looks like a damn strobe light all the lights work so any suggestions to why its doing this???

·
Registered
100 Posts
they dont have the same resistance as your old bulbs... the cars computer thinks the bulb is just not working so it gives you the warning flash to tell you its out. if you find the correct resistor, you could wire that in there and it would solve all your worries.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
you can get a resistor off of ebay, but it heats up a lot, its not a ideal solution but it works... I guess what works works...

like this...

http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&mppfqy=led+turn+signal+resistor&_trksid=m37&satitle=led+turn+signal+resistor&sacat=-1&catref=C6&sargn=-1&saslc=3&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP/Postal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

what you do is bridge the two terminals. just watch out for the wiring

·
Registered
148 Posts
or modify/buy a LED capable relay for your turn signals so you dont have to put a resistor in each and every bulb
Can you explain this please?

I plan on eventually doing LED Switchback's for my turn signals, and was going to take the resistor route. Is this more cost efficient?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Our cars don’t use flasher relays. This is all controlled by the ECM and not by a relay.. you aren't able to use the item in the link above. Load resistors are the only way to go fix hyper-flashing on these cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts