8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i wanted get the prokit for my coupe and i had a few questions.
Is it okay to used the prokit springs with the stock camber arms, dampners
and the entire stock si suspension? Secondly will there be any rub at all, i doubt there would be since its not that big of a drop?

thanks guys sorry for the noob question i just don't want to get into something that is gonna f up my car in the end.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
you'll be fine. have friends who have driven 40k miles on stock suspension and skunk2 which is twice the drop. you probably will rub, but i love a little bit of rub. i want more

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yep you can use everything else stock with the prokit springs. I didn't rub any fenders but I did run on steep entrances, especially with passengers.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right on thanks guys, wheel rub or scrap? cuz it wouldnt seem like it would have much wheel rub from pictures, but i could defs see how ppl can scrap

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you rub (I did with sportlines) it'll be on a couple of plastic clips that hold you inner fender in place. I popped those out, pushed the inner fender onto the opposite side of the metal tabs coming off the fender, and then use the handle of a screwdriver to gently bend those metal tabs upward away from the path of the tire. The tabs will still hold the inner fender just fine and the rubbing is solved.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you rub (I did with sportlines) it'll be on a couple of plastic clips that hold you inner fender in place. I popped those out, pushed the inner fender onto the opposite side of the metal tabs coming off the fender, and then use the handle of a screwdriver to gently bend those metal tabs upward away from the path of the tire. The tabs will still hold the inner fender just fine and the rubbing is solved.
and that was with sportline so the pro kit should have no problems.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ive got sportlines on my lx and id say its the perfect drop. from what ive seen pro kits arent worth the money for that little a drop

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so to prevent rub i should just take these clips out as said below and that should solve everything? or am i gonna end up needing a camber kit to solve the rubbing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts