8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's months after the '08s have been out... months after the '07 clearance and there's an RR FA5 at a local dealership that's an '07 model. The tag (clearance tag) says 19,995 (invoice). You think they'd go under invoice to get rid of the car?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
All 07s are now consider used cars even if they haven't been sold yet. Thats how we got one 07 offer lower by 500 bucks.

$19,995 is a good deal really. Maybe you can push it down another 500.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The only way to find out is to try. If you're serious about buying one, go in there ready to buy and try to get them to drop the price as low as they can.

Walking out and telling them "maybe some other time" might help you out too. I got mine for about $1000 under MSRP like that.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
DTNguyen107 said:
All 07s are now consider used cars even if they haven't been sold yet. Thats how we got one 07 offer lower by 500 bucks.

$19,995 is a good deal really. Maybe you can push it down another 500.

That is completely untrue. A used car is a vehicle that has been titled or depending on state there is a mileage restriction. No title reported, new car. Those are new cars, and will be sold as such.

I would not pay invoice for it. I think you can go into a store right not and get a 08 for very close to invoice...the couple hundred dollars you will pay additionally you will easily pick up in resale value of the 08 vs 07.

I would need the car atleast $1000 under invoice to consider buying a leftover NEW 2007.

Just my .02c from someone in the business.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
So they are titled in the dealers name currently? And the titles are held at your store? And your finance manager has to have a used car reassignment form printed?

Or your dealer punched the cars already and RDR'ed them and the warranty has started.

That is 2 different things. Im not a NC expert I guess but I believe its a national thing.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
:( Am I suppose to be arguing with you 07BlakBlak?

If so, I didn't mean to come off like that. Last post was for OP. But after re-reading it, I guess it didn't come off as "funny".

I never say I own a dealership or anything.

-----------

To OP:

At the last second when I pick up my car. I pretended to change my mind. They "convince" me to go for the SI by knocking the 08 price to $21,000 even.

If I could get an 07 at $20k. I would rather get that.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skylinegtr06 said:
Get the 07, so you dont have TPMS!!!
What's wrong with TPMS?

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
DTNguyen107 said:
:( Am I suppose to be arguing with you 07BlakBlak?

If so, I didn't mean to come off like that. Last post was for OP. But after re-reading it, I guess it didn't come off as "funny".

I never say I own a dealership or anything.

-----------

To OP:

At the last second when I pick up my car. I pretended to change my mind. They "convince" me to go for the SI by knocking the 08 price to $21,000 even.

If I could get an 07 at $20k. I would rather get that.

No not at all. :thumb:

I just want to make sure she is getting the correct information. There is a big difference between buying a used 07 civic with 35 miles and a New 07 civic with 35 miles.

Carfax, resale, warranty length, titling and even tax in some states can be effected.

I would just PM her but her box is full. ROFL. Get it. Sigh...:dancing:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
07BlakBlak said:
I would just PM her but her box is full. ROFL. Get it. Sigh...:dancing:
I get it, I get it. Empty now!

But don't worry about it. It's SO tempting, but it's already a PIA paying $37 a week for gas. I can't imagine what'd it'd be like to buy it more often and at a higher price! :xyxnervou

Yeah, I can squirrel similar payments, but I keep on forgetting about this factor called GAS. :pat: Ruins everything.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
OP, price looks good. You can always try to negotiate even further. Dealers would like to move old inventory, so you should be able to cut a good deal.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Here's my take on this, take it as you will. Remember that I'm only 18 (19 next month, woot!) and you most likely earn more money than me.

Gas really isn't a deciding factor and never should be in choosing between the SI and Ex/Lx/Dx UNLESS you really do drive a substantial amount. People freak out when I put premium in my car. Guess what? It's like 17-23 cents more a gallon around here, which comes out to be LESS than $3 extra a fill-up. Yes, it's true I do fill up more as well. But guess what? You are completely in control of this. I absolutely choose to fill up every single weekend, this car could most likely stretch nearly two weeks in-between fill-ups if I didn't drive it like it should be driven.

This isn't aimed at you Zenith, but I'm tired of all the people who right the SI off and praise the EX/LX/DX because of us having to have premium gas and whatnot. It's not a big deal! Not in the least.

Anyways, I say go for it. Get them to lower the price first, though. If your dealer is like my dealer, they are dying to get rid of a 2007. I think you could get it for 19,500, which would be a steal.. and RR sedans are just about the hottest civics imo. Just not as hot as my taffy white FA5 :p

Also a lot of people forget about the equity they have in their car. Assuming you have a decent bit of your EX paid off, there's a really good chance your payments would go down a fair amount when you did the trade.

Go for it if you like it - just be forewarned that my car rattles and grinds like a SOB and there's a decent chance yours will too :p

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
zenith931 said:
What's wrong with TPMS?
It's nothing but a pain in the ass, no matter what brand car it's on, and if your the type that likes to change your wheels you have to spend gobs of money on new sensors since the ones off the old wheels will not carry over.

I got my Si for 19,995 about 5 months ago, as long as it does not have a lot of miles on it even if they won't drop the price down I'd take it. Why spend more on the same car?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I Vtec said:
Here's my take on this, take it as you will. Remember that I'm only 18 (19 next month, woot!) and you most likely earn more money than me.

Gas really isn't a deciding factor and never should be in choosing between the SI and Ex/Lx/Dx UNLESS you really do drive a substantial amount. People freak out when I put premium in my car. Guess what? It's like 17-23 cents more a gallon around here, which comes out to be LESS than $3 extra a fill-up. Yes, it's true I do fill up more as well.

Also a lot of people forget about the equity they have in their car. Assuming you have a decent bit of your EX paid off, there's a really good chance your payments would go down a fair amount when you did the trade.
Does over 400 miles a week count as a lot of driving? :xyxnervou

I'm debating. I love my car right now. It's great. I just happened to stop by the dealer and look around and saw the RR FA5. :pat: Probably a really bad idea.

Maybe I'll e-mail the guy I got my car from. He talked me out of it once before, we'll see what he thinks now. :laughing:

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I doubt they'd work on the price an extreme amount since there really is no change over the 07 w/the 08 model (besides TPMS and shift boot)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts