8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an inquiry regarding a deal for 8th Gen members on the Mugen Si Coupe Exhaust.

Well, I worked on the owner and we came up with this:

We've got them on sale on the site already for $1125 - that's $474 off of list.

HOWEVER, I pushed hard for a good discount for you 8th gen guys - here's the dealio: can you get some type of group buy? If we could get 3-5 or so, I could do $1050 (plus shipping) - that's a screaming deal, but I only have permission to do it 'till the end of January.

Let me know what you think.

thanks.
Jude

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Price bashing is against forum rules. Anyone who bashes will be reprimanded. If you don't know what it means, look it up.

If you are not interested in buying this exhaust, do not post.

Final warning.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We at King realize that Mugen isn't for everyone. Anyone familiar with our site/company knows we carry other brands, and we do many, many custom exhausts as well.

Please also understand that legit comments, complaints or questions about our products are welcome. I've been corrected before (see our Mugen Brake thread) and that's cool.

Amongst the back and forth here, there were some very good issues to discuss; back pressure vs exhaust noise, pipe diameter vs backpressure, etc. I'll get big Mike to post some of the general info we have found with all of our dyno work.

And remember - no matter what the aftermarket parts you run - if it's a Honda or Acura it rocks - Like A Boss!

Jude

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well like Jude said here are some results from stock exhaust to ours.

There isn't any debate whether a 3" exhaust on a K-series will make more power we have seen it plenty of times. Typically the problems comes when you try to run that same exhaust on the street without getting pulled over because it is too loud, or better yet trying to have a conversation with a passenger over the drowning and raspy exhaust noted they usually provide.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
+6 hp +3 tq. Not bad for the size of piping. Was the car tuned before these results? Or just a bolt on swap?

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Oh nice. Any audio clips?

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
We at King realize that Mugen isn't for everyone. Anyone familiar with our site/company knows we carry other brands, and we do many, many custom exhausts as well.

Please also understand that legit comments, complaints or questions about our products are welcome. I've been corrected before (see our Mugen Brake thread) and that's cool.

Amongst the back and forth here, there were some very good issues to discuss; back pressure vs exhaust noise, pipe diameter vs backpressure, etc. I'll get big Mike to post some of the general info we have found with all of our dyno work.

And remember - no matter what the aftermarket parts you run - if it's a Honda or Acura it rocks - Like A Boss!

Jude

:thumb:

Right on!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Curious.. Is the same one that comes with the Mugen si? Of course besides it being this one is for a coupe and the the one on the Mugen si is a sedan.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly,

We can't be certain. Since the Mugen Si parts are dealer-only, we don't have anything to compare this to.

If the mufflers are shaped the same, I assume it's the same enclosed twin-loop style construction.

Jude

1 - 20 of 21 Posts