8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate making new posts on something that I have already seen but I've been searching and can not find an answer. I remember a while ago seeing a simple fix that would not let the dealership erase the Hondata Reflash from an ecu. I remember it being something like just taking a pin out or something along those lines. I'm gonna try and get my transmission fixed under warranty at dealership b/c of an audible noise at almost all engine speeds. I don't want anything to happen to my reflash. If anyone can direct me to the right link, just give me an answer, or tell me that I'm am imagining things and this doesn't exist please let me know. Thanks.

Randy

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
my first question would be...why are they going to be looking a the ECU at all if your complaining about a transmission issue? they have no need to look at the computer. and even if they did, they would first off see your ECU was reflashed and then void your warrenty. so, basically, they shouldnt need to look at your ECU, and if they do, they wont work on your car under warrenty, therefore they will not reflash your ECU.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i dont think there is a trick to "hide" your reflash...when they plug the computer into your ECU it displays what version software ECU your running.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
wow. i hope if there is a trick someone finds it.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
They aren't going to look at the engine or ecu if it is just a transmission fixed. And good luck on getting it replaced because it is not going to happen. If you do have noise in every gear than it is because of your driving style, straight and simple.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
i dont think there is a trick to "hide" your reflash...when they plug the computer into your ECU it displays what version software ECU your running.
BigMoney8481 said:
...I remember a while ago seeing a simple fix that would not let the dealership erase the Hondata Reflash from an ecu...
There are no tricks in my question. I'm not trying to hide anything. Please read my question before posting. Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KingMarineM16a4 said:
They aren't going to look at the engine or ecu if it is just a transmission fixed. And good luck on getting it replaced because it is not going to happen. If you do have noise in every gear than it is because of your driving style, straight and simple.
Thank you for wishes. Its not every gear. 1-4 at fine. Its basically 5+6 either on city street or highway when just cruising. It makes a repetative "whoop whoop" sound which gets faster and higher pitched the faster I go. With any kind of acceleration the sounds goes away. I find it odd that its 5+6 making the sound when i don't really rip through those gears. 1-3 is where I have my fun.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its OK, not the best description. But its the best I can think of. It actually sounds just like someone saying it over and over again.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
BigMoney8481 said:
its OK, not the best description. But its the best I can think of. It actually sounds just like someone saying it over and over again.
I still have no clue, let me know what they say so I can add it to my list.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK. I'm gonna end up going there around thanksgiving in case they need my car for an extended period of time because I need to go to school everyday during the week. Unless something happens to the car before then I'm gonna wait to go. Its been making this noise for a little while but there is no change in drivability. I've never heard of it.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
BigMoney8481 said:
OK. I'm gonna end up going there around thanksgiving in case they need my car for an extended period of time because I need to go to school everyday during the week. Unless something happens to the car before then I'm gonna wait to go. Its been making this noise for a little while but there is no change in drivability. I've never heard of it.
I hear that sorry to hear about the car but there is one good thing that comes out of it.

RENTALS!!!! WOOT!!! V-TAC, DONUTS, POWER BRAKING, BURNOUTS, ABUSE!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :lildevil:

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
KingMarineM16a4 said:
Well I know manual transmissions very well and I have no clue I guess it is because I can't picture a "whoop whoop" sound in my head.
This might help:

WHOOP WHOOP Thats the sounds of the police...

or

WHOOP WHOOP, pull ova that ass is to fat...

lol... i know im not the only one who remembered those songs. To the OP...

No idea about your question. Sorry.. have u contacted hondata to see if they have any advice?

·
Registered
445 Posts
BigMoney8481 said:
Thank you for wishes. Its not every gear. 1-4 at fine. Its basically 5+6 either on city street or highway when just cruising. It makes a repetative "whoop whoop" sound which gets faster and higher pitched the faster I go. With any kind of acceleration the sounds goes away. I find it odd that its 5+6 making the sound when i don't really rip through those gears. 1-3 is where I have my fun.
That's the cops chasing you. Judicious use of the far right pedal, will ironically both cause and remedy this problem.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hondata just said that the dealership would not be able to reverse the reflash. I was under the assumption that the dealer could update the ecu to new software which would change the parameters it operates under. Anyways, I'm gonna call dealer now and figure out when i can get service.

Tuesday at 9AM.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
illusionstwice said:
This might help:

WHOOP WHOOP Thats the sounds of the police...

or

WHOOP WHOOP, pull ova that ass is to fat...

lol... i know im not the only one who remembered those songs. To the OP...

No idea about your question. Sorry.. have u contacted hondata to see if they have any advice?
Haha Jon!

And contacting Hondata would be my first plan of attack as far as your concerns with the reflash go. As for the transmission, who knows.

I always thought Hondata advertised that there reflash did NOT render the car un-serviceable by a Honda dealership. But I guess maybe its not that they can;t work with it as much as it has been altered from stock and there for still voids your warranty.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 44 Posts