8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here goes, i was wondering which garret is equal to the precision 6262 billet and can i swap out the cartridge and use the same house. reason is i want a water cooled ball bearing. just makes me feel awhole lot better that there's that much cooling for the turbo. thanks

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
its approx a gt32, bigger then a 30 smaller then a 35. As far as i know you would have to get the BB 6262e, contact precision on that one bro.

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
We are a precision WD. So I'll give you the breakdown.

The Precision SC6262SP would be about equal to a Garrett GT35R. The Journal Bearing Precision SC6262SP Billet Wheel would spool a little slower than the Ball Bearing GT35R. On most of the applications the Ball Bearing Billet SC6262SP will spool faster than the Garrett Counterpart.

Here is some quick info in case this thread is used on a Search.

Precision SC6262SP
.70AR Cold Side Ported Shroud Compressor Cover
.63AR or .82AR T3 Inlet Flanged Exhaust Housing.
Exhaust Housings are available in 2.5" 4 Bolt, 2.5" VBand or Traditional 5 Bolt Ford Housing.

Ball Bearings are in the $1399-$1450 Range.
Journal Bearings in the $899-$950 Range.

I'll take the Billet Wheel Ball Bearing SC6262SP over the GT35R any day.

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
i stand corrected, but the bottom line is that its a awesome turbo for us. That billet wheel design is just win. Garrett just now is starting to get with the times by introducing some some billet wheel turbos(too bad for them its the t4 turbos)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
i also have the billet wheel 6262S with the vband housing and love this thing. with the .63 a/r i feel as if i spool too soon almost. i make upwards of 6-7psi around 3800 rpms when i really dont need all that boost down low hehe. I have a .82 exhaust housing sitting around that i can't wait to put in

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
For a Street Car in all honesty I would use the .63AR Journal Bearing. Now if your Road Racing then of course go ball bearing and get a oil cooler so that its pushing cooler oil and anti freeze thru the turbocharger.

So yes, .63AR Journal Bearing Precision SC6262SP for Street Cars. If your looking for 400+ get the .82AR.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so you guys are saying i should keep my billet 6262 and leave it as is, i'm just wondering about heat issue since it's not water cooled

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
if precision is so good then why dont places like full race and peakboost use em? im not trying to talk ***** its a serious question lol cuz doesnt garrets spool the fastest?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts